Why Fortnite No-Build PvP mode is actually not that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little birdie told me that @Brian Boru & @Colif was missing some talk about the game Fortnite on the forums, so I thought I'd make a totally fresh Fortnite thread. You guys can thank me later;)

The topic is not just total nonsense, I actually do like the no-build mode, and here is why:

Since I don't really like building, mainly because I suck at it and can't compete with the teens being able to build blindfolded, I found my happy place in the no-build PVP mode. In this mode, there is absolutely no building, only hardcore gunning. Since the teens (though I do think the average Fortnite age is around 25-27) don't know **** about shooting with their controllers, I have a big advantage playing on PC through crossplay. I also practice shooting using Aimlab on Steam, so my aim is always somewhat accurate. Not Shroud lvl, but not bad either.

While my nephews say I'm a little "slow in my brain" (as they so eloquently put it) when I am trying to pick up stuff from the ground and being slow about it, I'm at least not too much behind them in the K/D ratio each match. Another fun thing about the No-build PvP mode is that you can also fish there, so we often have competitions doing that, while finishing off players with the weapons we got from fishing.

Overall, Fortnite No-build PvP mode is probably made for middle-aged men or for just about anyone else who is getting fed up trying to build a small 1x1 shack while the enemy already has a castle. It's also faster, less camping, and much, much easier to win, so you can actually feel like a boss! Who does not want that feeling, ey?

What about you guys and gals, do you play Fortnite No-Build PvP mode, and if you don't maybe you want to give it a little spin and see how you like it?

Is it worth actually trying now @Frindis ?
It is actually not too bad. I have never been a fan of the build mode, but playing no-build PvP with my nephews is a lot of fun. You can basically just do whatever; fish, drive tanks, have fun with hamster balls, ride a shark, blow buildings up, pick up downed people and humiliate them in any way possible, and so on. I feel this mode is more catered to people who want a more casual play of Fortnite and who don't want to be around all the sweaty squeaky builders. So if you want some casual battle royale time in a colorful world, if think you will have a fun time, especially if you play with friends. You basically can't take the game too seriously though, it's not like PUBG or Warzone in that sense, though it can get a little intense at times.

It is actually not too bad. I have never been a fan of the build mode, but playing no-build PvP with my nephews is a lot of fun. You can basically just do whatever; fish, drive tanks, have fun with hamster balls, ride a shark, blow buildings up, pick up downed people and humiliate them in any way possible, and so on. I feel this mode is more catered to people who want a more casual play of Fortnite and who don't want to be around all the sweaty squeaky builders. So if you want some casual battle royale time in a colorful world, if think you will have a fun time, especially if you play with friends. You basically can't take the game too seriously though, it's not like PUBG or Warzone in that sense, though it can get a little intense at times.

Maybe I'll try give it another go, I could do with some fun shooters to play. I don't mind the build mode when I last tried it but I think it's more the Royale mode I find frustrating. Spent more times in the menus than I did in game but that's clearly a skill problem for me. 😂

Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS