Question Whole PC will run like 30fps on first startup after hard restart problem goes away.

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I am facing a strange issue from past 2-3 weeks when i startup my PC it feels like it is running on 30fps everything moves slow the live wallpaper, mouse cursor, if i am watching video that also stutters in simple words everthing is lagging and i cannot restart or shutdown my PC from the normal windows's option if i do the monitor shuts down but the PC will not shutdown it keeps running then i have to shut it down from the button on the case (Hard Restart) that's the only way. After that pc will run normal no issues at all happens almost everytime at first startup of my PC.

Things that i have tried:
1. Reinstalled almost every driver and reinstalled Windows also.
2. Changed my SSD slot and checked the health of drives all are ok.
3. Swap and cleaned RAMS.
4. Updated BIOS and Windows.
5. Disabled my startup services like wallpaper engine, razer software, icue etc.
6. Enable/Disable Fast Boot.
7. Temp are fine, nothing shows excessive use of resources in task manager.

Now, i am out of options it may be a hardware issue idk but if its hardware why a hard restart solves everything i am confused :(

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
First thing I would do is run System File Checker. Did you happen to restore your programs or did you reinstall everything from scratch after your windows re installation?

sfc /scannow from cmd.

Razer software has been known to cause issues. Remove that and test.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Also could be a service. I did a copy past on this text, but MSCONFIG is what you want.

a. Press Windows Key , type msconfig in the search box, and hit Enter.
b. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
c. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
d. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
e. Close Task Manager.
f. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
First thing I would do is run System File Checker. Did you happen to restore your programs or did you reinstall everything from scratch after your windows re installation?

sfc /scannow from cmd.

Razer software has been known to cause issues. Remove that and test.
I ran system file checker it did not find any issues. The windows i reinstalled was from recovery options in Win10 where it keeps your files and reinstall windows.
I will try to disable all services and check again.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Is the "slowness" also in safe mode?
Check your HDD/SSD drive for any S.M.A.R.T. errors? Probably not the issue here, but better to check and it's easy to quickly check these out.
In task manager, is your HDD/CPU constantly loaded with tasks and 100% utilized?

Also reinstalling Windows with save local files option may not be enough in some cases. It's best to move your files manually to a backup drive and do a fresh install of the OS to make sure nothing stays that could be problematic.

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Is the "slowness" also in safe mode?
Check your HDD/SSD drive for any S.M.A.R.T. errors? Probably not the issue here, but better to check and it's easy to quickly check these out.
In task manager, is your HDD/CPU constantly loaded with tasks and 100% utilized?

Also reinstalling Windows with save local files option may not be enough in some cases. It's best to move your files manually to a backup drive and do a fresh install of the OS to make sure nothing stays that could be problematic.
The drives i checked have no issues and they are not 100% utilized in normal usage and startup. I disabled fast startup option and will check throughout the day but i have not tried in safe mood yet will check that also.

TRENDING THREADS