Who is playing (or trying to play) New World today?

(mods: this is being listed as an RPG on Steam, so I put it here. Not sure about that, though)

Over 500k playing right now on Steam with countless of those apparently sitting in waiting queues (how can Amazon--the biggest server provider in the world--be having server problems?)

I'm not much of an mmo guy these days, but the game looks pretty interesting to me. Would be interested in hearing your experiences if you are able to get into the game.

Reactions: Frindis and Pifanjr
I'm attempting to but I do not think I am going to be successful with how insane the queues are. Honestly, not a huge deal to me. I'm gonna be taking in slow and just chilling so I'll finish some of the games I'm working on while I wait for things to die down a bit.

Reactions: ZedClampet
waiting queues
Oh pfft, remember it's only 9 minutes :D

how can Amazon--the biggest server provider in the world--be having server problems?
They don't have loads of servers lying idle, just whatever they figure they need to cover spikes & new business. Probably seriously underestimated interest in the game—it's a mug's game trying to forecast something new, they'll probably do much better if there's a version 2.

Reactions: Pifanjr
They don't have loads of servers lying idle, just whatever they figure they need to cover spikes & new business. Probably seriously underestimated interest in the game...

They should have had plenty of servers ready to go if they needed them. They saw what happened during the Beta and should have had a pretty good idea of what they needed. Would have cost them almost nothing to be prepared, but it's costing them plenty right now as I'm sure people are reticent to buy into the game with the reported wait times.

I noticed on Discord that one of my friends was playing New World, so I asked him what he thought of it. Apparently he had been playing non-stop since launch, which means he had been playing for 24 hours straight. He said the quests weren't very interesting, but conquering territories and holding them was a lot of fun.

I'm kinda surprised/disappointed that amazon would have technical server issues. i mean, they have AWS (so they have the infrastructure/technology), vast amounts of money to run a country and STILL we get technical issue. But then, i'm not that technical maybe they didn't realize how popular it would be.

not going to play the game though. don't hjave the time for MMOs or online games unfortunately. Plus there is a huge collection of steam games i'll have to play.

Oct 3, 2021
Visit site
I noticed on Discord that one of my friends was playing New World, so I asked him what he thought of it. Apparently he had been playing non-stop since launch, which means he had been playing for 24 hours straight. He said the quests weren't very interesting, but conquering territories and holding them was a lot of fun.
Take a look at some tips related to these new quests :)

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
The numbers keep climbing. It past 900,000 on Steam today. The reviews are becoming more positive also. Didn't realize so many people were starving for an mmo. I'll try it when I can dedicate some time to it.

stevejhons

BANNED
Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Though there is no way to know the stats for all players, we can analogize and estimate. The estimates will be based on 100% - number of players who have quit out of frustration and swore they'll never play again.

Maybe 5-10% of those who try to end up playing because it takes time to realize what's going on, but those that do usually stay for a while. Underlying economic currents tend to push people as well as things into New World as soon as somebody figures out something cool. In short, it provides an outlet for engineering types who want a challenge. There also seems to be a sense among some people that sticking with this game means they'll get something new later down the line- possibly taken. If you facing problems related to Omegle errors connecting to the server then you read.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS