Which video games are you most excited about to come out this year? And in next year 2025 ?

Which video games are you most excited about to come out this year? And in next year 2025 ?

• Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Black Myth Wukong

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Hades II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assassin's creed shadow

• Grand theft auto VI

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Assassin's creed codename hexe

• Blade

• Wolverine

• Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater

• Star Wars Outlaws

• Total voters
So many to choose from, but from your list I chose GTA6, just because I know how much of a massive celebratory moment any GTA release is for gaming.

I have so many games I’m really interested in but it’s hard for me to figure out which I’m looking forward to the most.

MGS has always been a series I would love to get into but every time I tried I fell off it. I’m not a stealth or inventory management fan, and those games feature a ton of those. However I love the lore, the characters, and the stories of each game. I really hope MGS Delta changes my mindset on the franchise and makes me branch out to try the other games again.

Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5 of course but those are so far away it’s hard to be excited for it.

Tavern Keeper also seems awesome. I was a huge fan of Game Dev Tycoon for nearly a decade now and it’s the game I’ve had on my phone the longest. So for the devs of that game to take 10 years making their next has me very excited. The amount of detail and intricacy in it is one of the main things that has me excited for it.

I honestly pay very little attention to upcoming releases, I have plenty of games in my backlog and my PC can't run most modern releases anyway.

From the options in the poll, Star Wars Outlaw seems the most interesting, though I'm a bit wary of the existence of a season pass.

Aside from the poll, I'm probably mostly interested in Avowed. I'm curious whether it'll be received more positively than The Outer Worlds.

Then there's also Norland, which @ZedClampet pointed out to me recently, which looks quite interesting as well (and something my PC might actually be able to run).

Zloth

Community Contributor
You left one very important option out of the poll ;)
Yes, Troubleshooter: Banished Children - though I am a little surprised that you noticed! ;)

The only game I could say I'm excited for is the next Final Fantasy 7 game coming to PC. Death Stranding 2 is a little exciting, but I don't know if it's really likely to show up in 2025. And, yeah, Banished Children, sequel to Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children (one of my most favoritist games), whenever that appears. Civ 7 hasn't even been announced, but I'm probably going to be excited about that one... or maybe I'll be excited about whatever the last DLC is for that one. You know how Firaxis is.

What about you @deadpool7788?

Civ 7 … maybe I'll be excited about whatever the last DLC is for that one. You know how Firaxis is.

Yep, I do—surprised you noticed ;)

You need to wait ~2 years beyond the 2nd expansion—DLCs could keep going for 7-8 years if Civ 6 is a guide, so that'd be a long wait. 2yrs post expansion should see the last official patch 6-9 months later, last community patch 6-9 after that, and the main mods updated for those within 2 years.

OP is a list of big games, so here are some smaller games coming out soonish that I will get at some point:

May 29, 2024
Visit site
From the list I voted for Wukong, but my most excited list goes like this:

1) Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
2) STALKER 2
3) Gothic Remake
4) Vampire Bloodlines 2
5) Avowed
6) Black Myth Wukong
7) Silent Hill 2 Remake
8) Indiana Jones
9) The Alters
10) Star Wars Outlaws
Good List of Games 🎮

Zloth

Community Contributor
Egosoft announce a release date for their next DLC, too.

Queue the Doctor Who references!

May 13, 2024
Visit site
^ Smartass above ^ might be onto something…

…but the official version is:

► None of the above

:p

:D

There was, at least, some truth to it. ;)
Ok I lied. I only knew of two of them releasing.
loser.gif

Last edited:
Being excited isnt the term id use, pre-release hype is a killer, but there are a couple im looking forward to given its release and how well it plays at launch and this list is in no way a comprehensive list, just ones i can think of right now outside of the ones listed

Gothic 1 Remake
W40K Space Marine 2
Path of Exile 2
Titan Quest 2
Avowed
Killing Floor 3
Dune Awakening

and then there has been this kickstarter game about trench warfare called Trench Tales thats been poppin up in my feeds the last couple weeks. Looks good, love the premise of the game.

May 13, 2024
Visit site
I don't follow game news often (yes, I really do live in a cave - well, a mancave, that is), so I wasn't aware Star Wars Outlaws was an open-world game until recently. I'm a sucker for the genre (and the Far Cry formula) and almost anything Star Wars and have been wishing for a SW game with some RPG element (but an open-world shooter will suffice), so now I'm going to have to go against my rule and get this day 1. Gonna have to take the 30th off, too! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr
May 13, 2024
Visit site
I don't follow game news often (yes, I really do live in a cave - well, a mancave, that is), so I wasn't aware Star Wars Outlaws was an open-world game until recently. I'm a sucker for the genre (and the Far Cry formula) and almost anything Star Wars and have been wishing for a SW game with some RPG element (but an open-world shooter will suffice), so now I'm going to have to go against my rule and get this day 1. Gonna have to take the 30th off, too! :cool:
I swear the power company has figured out who I am online and is harassing me by purposefully scheduling maintenance on my planned game days. :mad:

Edison.png

TRENDING THREADS