Question Which to upgrade -processor, graphics card or RAM?

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit of a rookie on gaming laptops and so on so I figured you guys could help me out! First post so delete if this isnt relevant.

I have a MSI Gaming laptop with following specs:
MSI Gf63 thin 9SCXR
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Max Q-Design,
Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-9300H @2,40GHz
8 GB Ram
64 bit, windows 10
SSD 500 gb

PCGamebenchmark.com says that my graphics card is the weakest part of my laptop, but I was told by a friend that upgrading from 8 gb ram to 16 gb ram will make it run big games better.
SO, my question is for best gaming experience with highest ingame graphics settings - what should i upgrade? Graphics card, ram (memory) or the processor?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

Last edited:

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
99% sure you cannon upgrade your GPU or CPU - almost every laptop have those soldered to the motherboard. Fast check on the specs and it doesn't seem like your MSI laptop differs in that regard.

So that leaves only RAM as possible update.
You could go for another set of 8 GB RAM (be sure to double check it's identical at least to the type and speed) and that will help a little bit. Extra RAM does help with bigger games, but don't expect massive gains in frames per second. You won't be able to suddenly go for maxed out settings even with maxed out RAM at 64 GB.

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
99% sure you cannon upgrade your GPU or CPU - almost every laptop have those soldered to the motherboard. Fast check on the specs and it doesn't seem like your MSI laptop differs in that regard.

So that leaves only RAM as possible update.
You could go for another set of 8 GB RAM (be sure to double check it's identical at least to the type and speed) and that will help a little bit. Extra RAM does help with bigger games, but don't expect massive gains in frames per second. You won't be able to suddenly go for maxed out settings even with maxed out RAM at 64 GB.

Thanks so much for quick reply mate!! Helps a lot. So I will go for the RAM upgrade just for some minor better cahnges - thats more than enough cause its running pretty s smoothly. Just think 16gb ram will be better for Warzone, Rdr2 gta5 etc. Thanks!

Reactions: rizkarahmayanti

TRENDING THREADS