Which is better?

Jun 7, 2024
Visit site
I have a choice to make. Currently I have HP Omen with Intel Core i7-13620H, RTX 4050, 16' screen and 16 gb DDR5 RAM.

I can exchange it to HP Victus, with Intel Core i5-12500h, RTX 4060, 15.6' screen, 16 gb DDR4 RAM.

What should I choose? Which one will perform better?

The CPU on your current machine is slightly better than the new one, but the new GPU is significantly better than the old one. Since games are heavy on the GPU side, the new one will perform a little better than the first one in most games. For instance, if you were getting 40 FPS on the old one, you could get around 48 FPS on the new one. Only you can decide whether that's worth whatever expense comes with getting the new one.

Reactions: Brian Boru
In terms of performance, the HP Omen with the Intel Core i7-13620H and RTX 4050 generally offers better performance compared to the HP Victus with the Intel Core i5-12500H and RTX 4060. The i7-13620H processor is likely more powerful than the i5-12500H, and the RTX 4050 and RTX 4060 are quite similar in performance, with the 4060 potentially edging out slightly. However, the DDR5 RAM in the Omen is faster than the DDR4 RAM in the Victus, which could provide a noticeable performance boost in certain applications. Therefore, unless you specifically need the smaller screen size of the Victus or prefer its design or other features, sticking with the HP Omen might offer you better overall performance.
No offense, but the 4050 and 4060 are not "quite similar in performance", and RAM speeds mean almost nothing in terms of gaming performance. Additionally, with those GPUs, both CPUs are perfectly fine as nearly every game will be GPU bound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts