Need help for choosing laptop

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Greetings guys, I hope you are all good. I wanna buy a laptop and unfortunately i m not that rich so i can buy middle priced laptop. And i m stuck between two computers.

1: MSI Cyborg 15A 13Ve: Intel Core i7 (13620H), GeForce RTX 4050
2: Asus Tuf gaming a15: Amd ryzen 5 (7535Hs), GeForce Rtx 4050

asus is a little cheaper than msi.

Both is 16 gb ram and DDR 5.

*** I want mention that i m not gamer so i don't have big interest with gaming. There ks only games i like to plat genshin impact and warthunder.

I wanna use the laptop for SOLIDWORKS, drawing and rendering stuff. That's why i heard that if i get gaming laptops with good gpu it could help me.

So guys i wanna hear ur opinions. If u could tell me which one u would prefer example pros and cons of brand based (Asus and Msi).

Thanks you ao much. I wish all of u a good day. Thank u guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
I'm not familiar with MSI and feel they don't have the background compared to a company like ASUS. I could be wrong.
I also own an ASUS ROG Strix and love it.
On that basis and on price I'd go with the ASUS.

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
I'm not familiar with MSI and feel they don't have the background compared to a company like ASUS. I could be wrong.
I also own an ASUS ROG Strix and love it.
On that basis and on price I'd go with the ASUS.
The guys told me that who sells Msi, don't buy asus with amd they are getting heated much, but they are all same just Asus doesn't have original windows it comes with freedos but i can use unlicensed windows i think. And asus with amd Ryzen 5. Instead of this all same and difference is which brand makes reliable pc. And thank you for your answer. It ll help so much

Greetings guys, I hope you are all good. I wanna buy a laptop and unfortunately i m not that rich so i can buy middle priced laptop. And i m stuck between two computers.

1: MSI Cyborg 15A 13Ve: Intel Core i7 (13620H), GeForce RTX 4050
2: Asus Tuf gaming a15: Amd ryzen 5 (7535Hs), GeForce Rtx 4050

asus is a little cheaper than msi.

Both is 16 gb ram and DDR 5.

*** I want mention that i m not gamer so i don't have big interest with gaming. There ks only games i like to plat genshin impact and warthunder.

I wanna use the laptop for SOLIDWORKS, drawing and rendering stuff. That's why i heard that if i get gaming laptops with good gpu it could help me.

So guys i wanna hear ur opinions. If u could tell me which one u would prefer example pros and cons of brand based (Asus and Msi).

Thanks you ao much. I wish all of u a good day. Thank u guys
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't buy a laptop with anything made by AMD in it. Too many heat problems. MSI is just as good a brand as ASUS. Not as good as HP, Lenova, or Dell, but better than Acer and some others.

If you can afford it, get the extended warranty.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
The guys told me that who sells Msi, don't buy asus with amd they are getting heated much, but they are all same just Asus doesn't have original windows it comes with freedos but i can use unlicensed windows i think. And asus with amd Ryzen 5. Instead of this all same and difference is which brand makes reliable pc. And thank you for your answer. It ll help so much

Obviously a guy selling MSI would tell you not to buy ASUS, that's a given.
All ASUS PC's and laptops that come with Windows have the genuine version. I've been building PC's since the first Pentium chip and Windows 95 and have never heard of Freedos. He's either misinformed or lying. I'd suggest lying to make a sale. Ridiculous comment!!

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't buy a laptop with anything made by AMD in it. Too many heat problems...

If you had asked me my feelings on AMD when they were first released I would agree. They had major over heating problems, especially if you overclocked, something common at that time. Now though with the Ryzen chip, there isn't that problem. Far from it my ASUS gaming laptop with the Ryzen 7 runs very cool while gaming.
My Lenovo AIO 7 also has the Ryzen 7 and runs very cool. Both with no perceivable fan noise.
Both also have Nvidia Geforce GPU's.

Asus doesn't have original windows it comes with freedos

Are these laptops new or second-hand?

have never heard of Freedos

It's been around a long time, since 90s I think, and has been shipped by at least HP and Dell of the big names. I 'met' it only once, with Steve Gibson's SpinRite ~20 years ago, which still uses it to boot as far as I know.

@origami 25 Be very careful with this whole deal. It sounds like someone is trying to take advantage of you. I'm almost sure a modern machine can't use FreeDOS as the only OS, and it certainly won't be able to use the modern Windows NTFS file system. Check with someone trustworthy and up-to-date on this stuff, I'm not in the loop recently.

Reactions: ZedClampet
Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Obviously a guy selling MSI would tell you not to buy ASUS, that's a given.
All ASUS PC's and laptops that come with Windows have the genuine version. I've been building PC's since the first Pentium chip and Windows 95 and have never heard of Freedos. He's either misinformed or lying. I'd suggest lying to make a sale. Ridiculous comment!!
No brother. It is Asus and FreDos. I think it's about the region where they import. Because i see computers which goes to Dubai they come with windows but which comes to Azerbaijan they come freedos. Here are 70% of laptops are free dos.

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Are these laptops new or second-hand?

It's been around a long time, since 90s I think, and has been shipped by at least HP and Dell of the big names. I 'met' it only once, with Steve Gibson's SpinRite ~20 years ago, which still uses it to boot as far as I know.

@origami 25 Be very careful with this whole deal. It sounds like someone is trying to take advantage of you. I'm almost sure a modern machine can't use FreeDOS as the only OS, and it certainly won't be able to use the modern Windows NTFS file system. Check with someone trustworthy and up-to-date on this stuff, I'm not in the loop recently.
They are new. They come with free dos and we uploading windows on it. But windows is too expensive original one here it costs at least 200$+.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts