Which game do you like best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, just go look on steam at your play time. Unless all your doing is idling, then it's fairly accurate.

I've only been a member of Steam for 13 years, yet I've been playing games for about 25 years now, so it's not as simple as that. Plus even from the last few years when I've mostly used Steam to play games, there are a bunch of great games that don't show up in this list, like Mass Effect and the Assassin's Creed series.
Also, some games just take longer than others. Just like a book of 500 pages is not necessarily better than one with 100 pages just because it takes you longer to finish it.

Now, if you have one game that has hundreds to thousands of hours more than any other game, you probably enjoyed it a lot. Though I have read a lot of players really regret the amount of time they spend on games like WoW or LoL.

My top game in Steam is Civ V with a little over 500 hours, but that's for a large part because I played it a lot with my wife, who really likes it. Which is another part of the equation: some games you might have played a lot because they're the games your friends like to play.

The second highest is Skyrim with a little under 300 hours, combining the classic and legendary edition. Considering the next 5 games are all around 100 hours, I've played a lot of Skyrim relatively. Then again, Skyrim has a ton of content, even without mods.

However, what's most obvious when I look at my Steam list is how many games aren't there because I didn't play them through Steam. As far as Steam is aware, I've only played about 70 games.

@JCgames & @Pifanjr - I've got to agree with Pifanjr on this, that's it's more complicated than just going by the gaming hours recorded by Steam. My most hours , according to Steam, are about 2800 combined in Skyrim & Skyrim SE and 2500+ in Fallout 4. I love those games, but I couldn't say any of them are my absolute favorite. Since I've been gaming well before Steam existed (early 1980s), there are 1000s of hours of gaming in games like the Mass Effects, Dragon Ages, Gothics, Baldur's Gates, Morrowind & Oblivion, and many others: they're all favorites, and I have no idea how long I've played them.

There just isn't anyway I could single out any one of those, or others, that I could say is my absolute favorite, I don't know if I could even make an accurate top 10 list. So many games just draw me back in because of the world, the story, the gameplay, or companions; and I'm sure we all have our own list of games that affect us like that.

I think you get my point which is why i was saying when you get into the mud of things with all things considered it often it's just as easy as that. you don't have a game with 1k+ hours played because you didn't love it.

I agree, I did say:
Now, if you have one game that has hundreds to thousands of hours more than any other game, you probably enjoyed it a lot. Though I have read a lot of players really regret the amount of time they spend on games like WoW or LoL.

But I don't have such a game. There isn't one game I can think of that I played significantly more than all of the other games I played.

Been gaming for decades, but I really like System Shock (1994), the first one. There was no game like it when it arrived and it brought so much to the table. The remake will be available later this year I think. Unreal and Deus Ex are also right up there. Fantastic replayability through and through.

If you haven't played Unreal with the DirectX11 HD mod, do it. Exploring Na Pali all over again with 4K is worth the full replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS