Question Which cultures, past or present, would you like to see as a strategy or simulation game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
I'd like to see more about the Taíno who were the indigenous people of the Caribbean and Florida. It'd be really interesting to experience their culture and the tools they used to solve problems and the type of technology they have. Even if it was a futurism strategy game where their old tools are incorporated into tech. Maybe in the art style of Furi

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
I'd love some sort of travel strategy game set in the 70's surrounding the USA and UK prog rock scene, book gigs, travel Europe, go to protests - I feel like the prog rock era is slowly being forgotten about but there's so much room there for more realism and to explore different cultural and social subgroups of that era. :)

So much room for amazing art and music too!

f4c03c79457b3ce5a77cf082ccb54d07.jpg

uss034npa6821.jpg

steve-buchholz-gaspumprender.jpg

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
I'd love some sort of travel strategy game set in the 70's surrounding the USA and UK prog rock scene, book gigs, travel Europe, go to protests - I feel like the prog rock era is slowly being forgotten about but there's so much room there for more realism and to explore different cultural and social subgroups of that era. :)

So much room for amazing art and music too!

f4c03c79457b3ce5a77cf082ccb54d07.jpg

uss034npa6821.jpg

steve-buchholz-gaspumprender.jpg
That would be really cool! I would really enjoy the music!!

Something around the era of Far Cry Primal, ie ~10,000 BC. Either RTS or TBS involving collecting a larger variety of resources than usual, and having to survive the wildlife as well as competing villages or tribes.

I love my guns & tanks, but totally enjoyed the change of scene and pace in FC Primal, so there should be a market for more games in various genres around that era of the first steps toward civilization with the invention of agriculture.

In modern games, strategy often gets beaten by firepower, so a lower firepower era should give more scope for the strategic player.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a Black & White type game set around 4,000 B.C. in the Egypt/Babylon/Mespotamia area. Maybe call it Smite. You could have prophets running around, they get messages about what's going to happen, you avoid plagues, part waterways, topple walls, all that ancient biblical era stuff. Granted, it would likely never happen for inevitable religious controversy reasons (on both sides of the equation), but I think it'd be kinda cool as long as people didn't take it too seriously. Or maybe it's the worst game idea ever! :🤷:

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Always a sucker for Egyptian stuff, but would also go for other early Africa civilizations like Ghana, Mali, and Songhai. Get into the economics of trading gold and salt!
I could not agree more. I'd love to see that. The variety of the people, the clothing, the tools used, wow. I can barely imagine how much I'd thoroughly enjoy that!

Jul 29, 2021
Visit site
People have called my idea macabre, but the Rapa Nui of Easter Island back during its assumed human-driven environmental decline. The simulation would begin decades prior to the sort of the arms race (for lack of a better term) they engaged in, allowing players to experience the build up to it. Then having to guide a tribe through the strife and conflict on the island as resources dwindled.

Will your people perish? Survive in novel ways or through conquering? Will they leave the island for better shores?

I think it would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS