Which 24" 144hz 1ms IPS monitor should I choose?

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
I've seen these options, but I don't know what to do.
> MSI Optix G241.
> Acer VG 240Y.
> AOC 24G2.
> Asus TUF VG 249Q.

Any advice, please and thanks.

It's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other I think.

Apparently they all use the Panda LC238LF1F panel for the screen, which means they're all going to be pretty similar.

So whichever one you like aesthetically, or that has the best warranty terms, or that has the best price locally to you.

What graphics card are you pairing this with?

Reactions: JPAM
Feb 11, 2020
Visit site

Apparently they all use the Panda LC238LF1F panel for the screen, which means they're all going to be pretty similar.

So whichever one you like aesthetically, or that has the best warranty terms, or that has the best price locally to you.

A MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X.
I like the MSI and the AOC, better software, Love MSI design.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I've seen these options, but I don't know what to do.
> MSI Optix G241.
> Acer VG 240Y.
> AOC 24G2.
> Asus TUF VG 249Q.

Any advice, please and thanks.

I was in almost exact position and decided to go for AOC 24G2U but.... there were sold everywhere at the time, so I went for the Asus TUF VG249Q as the screen panel is indeed the same. After two weeks I am rather happy with my purchase.

So if they're all same screen, just check what's included in the box (some may not have DP cable for example) and how long the warranty is and then decide on aesthetics.

Reactions: JPAM
Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
I was in almost exact position and decided to go for AOC 24G2U but.... there were sold everywhere at the time, so I went for the Asus TUF VG249Q as the screen panel is indeed the same. After two weeks I am rather happy with my purchase.

So if they're all same screen, just check what's included in the box (some may not have DP cable for example) and how long the warranty is and then decide on aesthetics.
I thought about that, but the ASUS TUF has VGA... MSI doesn't not include DP cable but I already have one. I don't like ASUS software, MSI and AOC aesthetics are great, AOC 24G2U is different from 24G2, "U" version includes USB ports. I am gonna choose the one that is available.

If you could afford an RTX 2070 Super and can afford a ~£200/$200 monitor, just save up a little more and get a 1440p 144hz monitor.

There are 1440p 144hz monitors starting from $270 in the USA. e.g.

And IPS ones starting from ~$320

There are a lot of options

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
I know, but I live in Colombia, so multiply that by 1.5 more or less :v plus 1USD = 4000COP. That's why I can't afford the 1440p IPS 144hz 1ms monitor right now.

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Well, maybe a bit late now but you could presumably have saved a load of cash by not buying a 2070 Super I suppose🤷‍ Maybe a Navi GPU or 2060 non-Super instead for 1080p
Yep buy I got a big discount, in fact, it costed the same that a 2060 super. Not a big deal.

Jun 27, 2020
Visit site

Hi
Im looking for a replacement panel for my Acer VG 240Y pbiip. So its uses the
LC238LF1F
is there any chance i can get one from second hand or something ? Here in hungary no one sell them im think , expect the acer center, but its cost more than half of a new monitor
Maybe if i can find a bad monitor(with a good , and same type of panel?
So there a list somewhere to know for sure what monitors use this same panel ?

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi
Im looking for a replacement panel for my Acer VG 240Y pbiip. So its uses the
LC238LF1F
is there any chance i can get one from second hand or something ? Here in hungary no one sell them im think , expect the acer center, but its cost more than half of a new monitor
Maybe if i can find a bad monitor(with a good , and same type of panel?
So there a list somewhere to know for sure what monitors use this same panel ?
These
> MSI Optix G241.
> ASUS VP249GR
> AOC 24G2.
> Asus TUF VG 249Q.

Jun 27, 2020
Visit site
These
> MSI Optix G241.
> ASUS VP249GR
> AOC 24G2.
> Asus TUF VG 249Q.
Lost case xD
Im think im going for a new AOC 24G2U , this one have a same new price tag what i need to spend on an official repair . RiP Acer VG0 - maybe i try to sell it for parts... if its not happen before the new AOC lost hes garantee ill might try a panel swap. Becouse im think the electronics in the ACER are a bit better.
Anyway, ty for the help

Honestly you should just wait and get a bigger monitor or one at 1440p 144hz. Maybe convince someone to cop you the money then you can pay them back? lol. But truly, youre going to want a bigger monitor, you got a big gpu, stretch its legs! Or you could just sell the 2070, get a 10xx series and then stay at the res. you want for your monitor.

Oct 2, 2020
Visit site
I found great information here about which IPS monitor is best for gaming with 144hz 1ms response time. I use Viewsonic monitor XG20705. It has great features and a high-spec performance. Previously I had ASUS PB287Q. I wanted to upgrade to 144 Hz refresh rate so and better AMD freesync, So I opted that viewsonic one.

TRENDING THREADS