Where do you usually buy games?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Thanks for that. Still doesn't provide an all good or all bad answer tho—which I wasn't expecting, considering I've seen Amazon selling keys in the past.

The point about cheaper prices devaluing the perceived value of games is rubbish tho—or has that guy never seen the multiple big sales per year from all retailers?

The point about not making money from resales is also moot—same with music, books, movies etc.

The minimizing of fraud and selling stolen keys seems the 'key' problem which needs to be addressed.

Yes, agreed, was just an example to the quoted message of how stolen credit cards can lose the developer money and them saying they would prefer it to be pirated.. Though this example was about small developers instead of AAA ones.

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Fanatical.com's bundles are definitely the biggests discounts you can get on games, only problem being if the bundles they're currently running have anything interesting to you. Although, as steep as the discounts are, it can sometimes be worth it to buy a whole bundle just for one or two games you really want. Just be careful not to get excited and end up with a steam account full of 1500+ indie games you'll probably never play (I may or may not have done this myself :grimacing:).

@Furr_Man Fanatical used to be quite good when they were called Bundlestars, but now I feel they are circulating the same games in different bundles and people are getting fed up getting games that EVERYONE has. Those stupid mystery boxes are an example of this, a way to scam you legitimately. Seldom do I see anything good on Fanatical now, I find GreenManGaming to have better deals, especially with AAA discounts, which is how I got Elden Ring for roughly 15% off as a preorder.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Fanatical.com's bundles are definitely the biggests discounts you can get on games, only problem being if the bundles they're currently running have anything interesting to you. Although, as steep as the discounts are, it can sometimes be worth it to buy a whole bundle just for one or two games you really want. Just be careful not to get excited and end up with a steam account full of 1500+ indie games you'll probably never play (I may or may not have done this myself :grimacing:).
The solution to that is to only claim the ones you want, and give the other keys away in the giveaway thread here. ;)

(That, or sell the unused keys on G2A. Lol. Just joking :D)

• Love
Reactions: Frindis
A few more articles I dug up:

Mar 28, 2022
Visit site
I usually buy games from online stores with delivery. I like to buy games in physical media because I need to feel the purchased goods. I can touch them with my hands. Therefore, I wouldn't say I like to take a purely digital version because I am more accustomed to ordering CDs. Also, CDs have a specific pleasant smell. Unlike a few years ago, you can start earning money regularly while playing your favorite game. For example, at https://skincashier.com, you can sell your CS:GO skins instantly for real money.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022
Visit site
I usually use Steam and Epic Games to buy games or browse from authorized resellers like Fanatical, Green Man Gaming etc. They usually have pretty good deals. I never look at unauthorized ones for security and privacy purposes. If I'm in a rush or something, I usually check gg.deals, isthereanydeal.com or bestgameprice.net to compare prices from authorized resellers quickly or to see if there's any voucher I'm not aware of. Most likely you could find 10% - 15% off coupon codes aside from great deals as well.

Edit: I also check Steamgifts discussions once in a while. Some of its users list great bundles there.

I usually use Steam and Epic Games to buy games or browse from authorized resellers like Fanatical, Green Man Gaming etc. They usually have pretty good deals. I never look at unauthorized ones for security and privacy purposes. If I'm in a rush or something, I usually check gg.deals, isthereanydeal.com or bestgameprice.net to compare prices from authorized resellers quickly or to see if there's any voucher I'm not aware of. Most likely you could find 10% - 15% off coupon codes aside from great deals as well.

Edit: I also check Steamgifts discussions once in a while. Some of its users list great bundles there.
Those are great resources.

Welcome to the forum :)

So you're talking about having a DVD or CD, yeah?

Fyi you can buy downloadable games and burn them to disc or USB drive.
With the size of games now, I think you'd need multiple BDs for some games. I don't know many who even has an optical drive anymore. I have one in my PC, but it's only used for ripping BDs I buy, and then have them on my Plex server.

I use a few, but I'm a sale shopper. I make my limited income go as far as I can. I try to avoid certain sites like the grey area ones.

I use the standards like steam, epic *which gives free games*, battlenet *meh*, Good Old Games *which has lots of great classic games too*, Origin.

Site wise I use Humble Bundle *which does stuff with charities*, GreenManGaming, Fanitical *which as someone said stretches your dollar further with some crazy bundles*

Also as mentioned isthereanydeal is a great way of finding deals on those sites and others. Just research a site before ya use it and go from there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts