Where can I go now to play stand-alone games like Contra?

Jun 20, 2023
Visit site
When I was eight years old, I played Contra with my brother. Although I was terrible, I had a lot of fun. Now I suddenly want to relive the joy of the same year, but I can't find a way to play.

[Mod edit: link removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the Super Turrican games were like it. Also on Steam they have the Genesis/Master system collection. Should have some games on there.Also the Capcom Arcade collection should have some games up your alley.

I think Broforce is similar? and personally I like it a lot.

If you're not sure want to pay try Expendabros first, basically the same game but a free version.
I think it was made to advertise the movie hence the characters.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I think Broforce is similar? and personally I like it a lot.

If you're not sure want to pay try Expendabros first, basically the same game but a free version.
I think it was made to advertise the movie hence the characters.

This right here. Expendabros is a great way to see if you'll like or love Broforce. Basically Contra/side scrollers taken to a hilarious level.

Reactions: Brian Boru

James Parker

BANNED
Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
I thought the Super Turrican games were like it. Also on Steam they have the Genesis/Master system collection. Should have some games on there.Also the Capcom Arcade collection should have some games up your alley.
You're right; Contra and the Super Turrican games share a lot of similarities. Both of them were created by Factor 5, and they have a lot of similar gameplay components. If you liked Contra, you'll definitely appreciate Super Turrican.

TRENDING THREADS