What would your dream game be?

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Some people think about what they would do if they won the lottery. Others think of the perfect vacation spots. I, being the nerd that I am, think about what my favorite all time game would if it existed. Tell me about your game!

Personally, I would love to see a mixture of Rainbow Six Vegas, F.E.A.R, and Resident Evil. Basically I would love to see a tactical response team that fully specializes in combating supernatural entities. Got a werewolf problem, send in the Doom Squad. Hell opened a portal and turned an entire town into flesh eating demons, send the doom squad. The team consistency would be trained seals, who are equipped with the latest in firearm and supernatural gear. Really gotta make sure you have a balanced gear load out. A frag grenade might knock down a demon, but it won't hurt it. Have your first response sorcerer create an anti-demon protection circle around your team, while your heavy weapons guy lays down covering fire with his LMG. Lure a werewolf away from a populated area so it can be taken down. Respond to a hostage situation where a power evil cult has taken civilians to be sacrificed in order to summon a cthulhu like entity, if you don't save them in time you will instead need to contain the situation. All first person, lots of options, and fully co-op.

What about you? Do you want to see a blend of Fable and Warhammer? How about Mad Max Mario Cart? Maybe you already found your near perfect game and just would like to see a few more things in it, lets see what ya'll want when there are no limitations.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Personally, I would love to see a mixture of Rainbow Six Vegas, F.E.A.R, and Resident Evil. Basically I would love to see a tactical response team that fully specializes in combating supernatural entities. Got a werewolf problem, send in the Doom Squad. Hell opened a portal and turned an entire town into flesh eating demons, send the doom squad. The team consistency would be trained seals, who are equipped with the latest in firearm and supernatural gear. Really gotta make sure you have a balanced gear load out. A frag grenade might knock down a demon, but it won't hurt it. Have your first response sorcerer create an anti-demon protection circle around your team, while your heavy weapons guy lays down covering fire with his LMG. Lure a werewolf away from a populated area so it can be taken down. Respond to a hostage situation where a power evil cult has taken civilians to be sacrificed in order to summon a cthulhu like entity, if you don't save them in time you will instead need to contain the situation. All first person, lots of options, and fully co-op.

I'd play the hell out of this game.

Reactions: Rian22 and MaddMann

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
My dream game would be a new type of Spy vs Spy with a twist of HItman but without the briefcase. One part builds the room with traps and the other part has to get to the exit before the time goes out. Simplistic, yet open for tons of experimentation, thus making every playthrough feeling new.
That does sound fun! Makes me think of Dungeon Keeper, but the heroes would be actual players

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I already have a dream game and it's called Planescape Torment. :) But in the future I'd also like to see a mix of RPG and strategy game in which you manage an underground augmentation clinic. One of your tasks would be to provide resources for maintaining current operations of the facility and recruiting staff. Acquiring resources would be possible through different ways. You could trade on the black market, selling information and scrap that you can get from finished operations (removing old augmentations from patients). The other option would be stealing equipment and technology from legally working clinics. This could incorporate stealth, diplomacy or violent tactics. Basic equipment could also be produced in the proper division inside your clinic. Of course the clinic would be also funded by clients who wish to undergo operations in your facility, while trying to avoid laws that regulate augmentation market.

From what I know, such a game doesn't exist as for now. :) (BTW this idea was also posted on RPG Codex a few moths ago, so if you stumble upon it, it's probably my post).

Zloth

Community Contributor
My dream is more along the lines of tech than the actual game - I wish for modular games. You would make a central game open source. That game would be really simple but it would have hooks that would allow for expansions to be put in. Various groups and companies would then be able to make plug-in modules for various aspects of the game.

So, say the basic game was a 4X space game and a battle starts. If you've got no module at all, a really simplistic routine will run to figure out who wins and you'll get that answer in a little text message. If you do have something, though, the game will provide all the ships and their current status as well as the environment the fight is happening in to the module. That module would be developed by completely different folks and could be just about anything. Maybe it will a Master of Orion combat clone, maybe it will be more like Homeworld, or maybe you'll be plopped into the bridge of one ship and control the battle in first person like BattleZone or an X game. Whatever it is, when the battle finishes, the results are sent back to the central game.

That way the player can decide the game. If you're all about the combat, maybe you'll just get an awesome combat module and leave the rest of the game at the default. Maybe you like city/planet building so you'll use a simpler combat module but get a planet development module that rivals Cities: Skylines. Or maybe you'll add more and more complexity each time you play the game. Do whatever you like because the game is totally customizable!

Now whether this is actually feasible, especially if companies want you paying for their modules, is another question. But hey, it's the dream topic! Reality is meant to be seen, not heard. ;)

Basically Season 1 of 24 played within the Grand Theft Auto V engine.

Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer, Xander Berkeley as George Mason, Paul Schulz as Ryan Chappelle, Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida, Sarah Berkely as Nina Myers, Mia Kirshner as Mandy, etc.

This could have massive potential if done right, and we know that the city of Los Angeles can very well be rendered in the GTAV engine, let alone whatever the heck Rockstar is working on right now's engine.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Went back to find this thread - I just had a thought:

I really want a hardcore Jurassic Park style survival shooter. Like Escape From Tarkov but instead of scavs as AI there's f*cking dinosaurs prowling about. You'd do tasks for traders and you could go to different areas of the park on each raid. Gives me chills just thinking about how dope this game could be. Of course we'd have to spare no expense.

An Elder Scrolls game with much more realistic graphics, highly moddable, extremely dense forests, and very large cities/towns with a realistic amount of housing (no cities with 7 houses), seasons and realistic weather. Not possible with the current tech, but it's my dream game.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
I'd like a game where I feel like choices actually matter, so really open world too. Alot of games make you feel like choices matter but in most of them you don't really notice the concequences of your decisions.

I'm imaging a kind of a game here where you'd start as a kid or something and the decisions you make early decide how you're going to do later. For example, were you playing this kid and decide to steal rather than study, later on in the game you'll more likely be a criminal rather than a businessman. You'd have a harder time starting a legitimate business too. And I think there are so much more things you could do this way.

Preferably in a medieval / fantasy setting.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
A remake of the Playstation 1 version of Doom and Final Doom. Same music, same sound effects, same slow, creepy atmosphere, same level layout just state of the art textures.

The PS1 version of Doom is changed gaming for me and is the game that got me back into gaming again. I much preferred its "Dead Space" feel over the PC version that was more CoD but with demons feel.

I know there are tons of mods you can do with the old game and I have the PS1 version on my PC and play it often, I would just love to see my favorite game of all time remastered.

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
First one that always comes to mind is a Star Trek CRPG, or at least a space opera CRPG. Think Fallout or Arcanum but with spaceships and planets instead of towns and other points of interest. I just love space opera style sci-fi, and while we have some action RPGs in that category (Mass Effect, Outer Worlds, etc.) we don't have any CRPGs really.

I also love stealth and immersive sim games and would love anything more in that genre. We already have some fantasy, contemporary, sci-fi and even 60's Bond style ones, so I'm not sure there's a fresh concept there. Just make more of them!

Reactions: ZedClampet

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I would also kill for another God game like Black and White. The first one, the sequel was vastly inferior.

That would be something, but I'm afraid that the rights for Black and White are in licensing limbo. GOG tried several times to get this game back to sale with no avail. That's the main issue when it comes to creating B&W3 as well.

Reactions: Pifanjr
That would be something, but I'm afraid that the rights for Black and White are in licensing limbo. GOG tried several times to get this game back to sale with no avail. That's the main issue when it comes to creating B&W3 as well.

It can just be suspiciously like Black & White. I just want to throw around miracles, rocks and people while training a creature to do the same.

My dream game already exists, it's called Dishonored 2.

I loved Dishonored, I should really check out the sequel.

The community is divided on which is better. As far as I can see, people who prefer D2 prefer it for its gameplay and level design, whereas people who prefer D1 prefer it for its narrative and atmosphere. But they're so similar that if you love one of them, you're sure to at least strongly like the other.

I absolutely love stealth games, so I don't doubt it's going to be amazing. It's probably going to be at least a few months before I get to it though.

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
A big 4X strategy game where you can zoom in and in and in. So it could be Civilization when zoomed out, but I can zoom on a city and manage it like Cities Skylines. I can then zoom in further and explore the city on foot, maybe doing GTA style missions (or another style, era appropriate). When I develop the appropriate technology I can zoom out and play at a Stellaris level, but now with the ability to zoom in just as much as before but on loads of planets (and space stations) etc. Of course you’d need n AI to handle this stuff really well as you wouldn’t want to zoom in on everything ell the time. The combat should be involved too, Total War style. Zloth’s idea of a modular game sounds great for this!

I’d also love a game set in the Dr Who universe on a future Earth occupied by Daleks. I dunno what the story would be, or your objective (I know I’d rather it didn’t actually have the Doctor in it), but the crucial thing is you CANNOT fight the Dalek; they’re objects of terror to be voided at all costs, like the Alien in Alien: Isolation. Mood/feel wise I picture it like a cross between Alien: Isolation and The Last of Us, ie what The Last of Us would feel like if you couldn’t fight the Infected. In fact, that’s my pitch: “Alien: Isolation meets The Last of Us, but with Daleks”.

TRENDING THREADS