What was the game that came with Windows that you liked the most?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Absolutely! But that doesn't make it any less of a pain in the backside. :LOL:

Although mine isn't really that authentic. I bought a cabinet kit that takes a modern, flat-screen TV as the screen. It's a nice, sturdy kit, though. And the control panel I have for it is pretty cool.
ah, I see that's still a good piece of gaming furniture then though. 😉
only, I bet you can't play duck hunt on that. 🤣

We've got a good place for it. We have a finished basement that has nothing but one of those basketball shooting games like you see at arcades where you have a certain amount of time to sink so many shots. That and a couple of boxes are all that's in that room, and it's actually the biggest room in the house. It's an old house and the basement area was just crazy. Ceilings are over 10 feet, which made it perfect for the basketball game.

We almost bought an old Victorian house with 3800 sq ft. (It was $72,000 in the mid-nineties when we were buying a house here). So glad we didn't. I would have never come up with anything to do with all that space if I never managed to do anything with our finished basement.

Note: House prices were ridiculously low when we bought our house. I feel sorry for young people today who want a house.
Wow! That's really awesome. I'd definitely convert that to a game room real quick. I love those basketball games. You need a pool table down there, too.

WOWEE, that's an amazing house just by the description alone.
also where I live, people still go to the mall arcade to play on the basketball arcade machine with the moving hoop.

how much is that machine anyway? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: WoodenSaucer
ah, I see that's still a good piece of gaming furniture then though. 😉
only, I bet you can't play duck hunt on that. 🤣

WOWEE, that's an amazing house just by the description alone.
also where I live, people still go to the mall arcade to play on the basketball arcade machine with the moving hoop.

how much is that machine anyway? 🤔
I wouldn't call it amazing. It's just old, and that's just how they made them around here back then. Nobody used to want these houses because they don't have modern features like large bathrooms and closets unless you remodel and put them in yourself, and they have things people don't want like linoleum and wood paneling, which you used to have to remove if you wanted people to buy your house. But people will buy anything now because there's a housing shortage and house prices have gone up by about 10x in the last 10 years. We paid practically nothing for it 26 years ago compared to what houses cost these days. Our mortgage payment was less than the cost of renting an apartment.

As for the basketball machine, we got it used for $600. I don't know what it would cost new. Maybe a couple thousand.

My first "pc" came with Skifree installed, but since it didn't officially come with Windows I'd have to go with Pinball.

It made me love pinball games even more, and really got me into playing them a ton at places that had them. It was also a game my folks loved to play. So we were always constantly playing at different times taking away the high score from the other one.

Was a great game.

I wouldn't call it amazing. It's just old, and that's just how they made them around here back then. Nobody used to want these houses because they don't have modern features like large bathrooms and closets unless you remodel and put them in yourself, and they have things people don't want like linoleum and wood paneling, which you used to have to remove if you wanted people to buy your house. But people will buy anything now because there's a housing shortage and house prices have gone up by about 10x in the last 10 years. We paid practically nothing for it 26 years ago compared to what houses cost these days. Our mortgage payment was less than the cost of renting an apartment.
My house was built around 1907. It still has the original gas lines in the walls where there used to be gas lanterns inside the house. We've done so much work to our house over the last 16 years, it's crazy. But our mortgage is dirt cheap. When we first bought the house, our mortgage payment, including escrow, was like $410/month. We refinanced later and added in some remodeling costs, and now our payment is like $615/month. Even at that, it's significantly lower than renting anywhere. When we refinanced, we did a 10 year loan, and we should have it payed of in like 5-6 years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts