What should I upgrade??

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Hello guys my pc is just so slow and I don't know why , I only play cs:go and even in 4:3 I still lag and some fps drop. I cant even play on 16:9 as the fps just drops.. I don't know why. On 16:9 when i get close to smokes my fps drops are big and in 4:3 if i use high shadows or other settings on high the game is just unplayable I don't know what to do and o so I decided to upgrade my pc but I dont know what should i upgrade ?
even when i dont play games my cpu usage goes up to 30% even if im not on youtube and memory about 54% when only using chrome to browse. ..

my pc specs are:
i5-9400F 2.90ghz
8.00 GB(7.88GB Usable)
I have Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060

I don't know why I cant upload a picture but that's my problems … thanks

8.00 GB(7.88GB Usable)
Bump that to 16GB for a nice general boost.

What's your storage?
The other big bump is getting Windows and your main games on SSD.

I'll leave it to the experts to comment re CPU & GPU. They may want more info, so please see here:

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
Hello there I just clean installed my windows 10 again... and same problem.. and i have checked it is installed on the SSD, its still slow and my cs:go still lags and fps drops happen every game..i just open dxdiag and it shows that i have 7595MB used
7595 MB
= 7.595 GB

but i do not know why this is weird as i just installed my windows and only have csgo in my pc
and i only have left 2530MB maybe this could be the reason?? and i have 149 gb left storage 149gb out of 236GB thanks guys..

i have chrome opend with 2 tabs and my memory is at 65% ... i think there is a problem with my memory

Last edited:
Can you list full system specs, including:

The make and model of your motherboard and power supply (PSU)

Exactly what RAM you are using by part number (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 for example), is it a matched kit of 2x4 GB, 1 stick of 8GB or did you add in an extra 4GB at some point?

What is the model of your case, how many case fans do you have in there and at what positions?

What kind of CPU cooler do you have installed? Are you monitoring CPU and GPU temperatures? If not use something like HWinfo. Important to measure max temperatures while experiencing the issue and report back.

Are all your motherboard chipset and graphics drivers up to date? If not update them all and try again.

Few things to look at. Hopefully something there :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hello there I just clean installed my windows 10 again... and same problem.. and i have checked it is installed on the SSD, its still slow and my cs:go still lags and fps drops happen every game..i just open dxdiag and it shows that i have 7595MB used
7595 MB
= 7.595 GB

but i do not know why this is weird as i just installed my windows and only have csgo in my pc
and i only have left 2530MB maybe this could be the reason?? and i have 149 gb left storage 149gb out of 236GB thanks guys..

i have chrome opend with 2 tabs and my memory is at 65% ... i think there is a problem with my memory

Your CPU and memory usage sound normal to me given your specs. The very first thing I would upgrade is to add another 8 GB of RAM.

You didn't list it, but from the size you mention, you have an SSD, just a very small one. Still, you have plenty of space left on it, so I don't think that's a problem right now, and your CPU and GPU are decent. If you did a clean Windows install, then that shouldn't be the problem.

You could check your temps for the CPU and GPU while in game. If the temperatures get too high, your system will throttle and slow you down.

Other than that, I think it's probably just the amount of RAM you have. Eight GB isn't really enough these days.

CS:GO doesn't need much RAM itself, but Windows and all the other processes that are constantly running need about 8 GB by themselves. You could try going into Game Mode on Windows and see if that helps any. It's good for low RAM systems and will suspend a lot of background processes.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Krud
Is this a laptop? If so, you may want to make sure you don't have "battery saver" settings enabled, which often throttle down the CPU speeds (at least in my experience).

Edit: Never mind, I misread the CPU model, I was thinking it was a laptop CPU, but it's not. The overall specs reminded me of a relative's laptop. Might still want to make sure it's using as much of the CPU as possible in the system settings. I forget where that's at in Windows 10's configuration, might need to dig through the old Control Panel settings for it.

Is this a laptop? If so, you may want to make sure you don't have "battery saver" settings enabled, which often throttle down the CPU speeds (at least in my experience).

Edit: Never mind, I misread the CPU model, I was thinking it was a laptop CPU, but it's not. The overall specs reminded me of a relative's laptop. Might still want to make sure it's using as much of the CPU as possible in the system settings. I forget where that's at in Windows 10's configuration, might need to dig through the old Control Panel settings for it.

In Windows 10 you should just be able to type "power options" or "power settings" in the desktop search bar to pull it up. You can get there through "Advanced Power Settings" or something along those lines.

TRENDING THREADS