What should i do with left over space after installing a radiator?

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Im new to pc building but I have done a lot of research to start building one later this year but I want to make sure im doing everything right.

The case ill have is the Coolermaster H500m and the aio ill use is the nzxt kraken x63. Not sure if i should use the x73 though. I dont want to have left over space on top.

Its a large space but ill be using a smaller radiator because it is a little bit cheaper and possibly quieter if im not wrong.

Leave it alone and not worry about it, I think is all you really can do with it.

It looks fine to me (see the 10-15 seconds of the video from this point).

If you think that would genuinely bother you, then go with a larger radiator.

They do 'dummy' RAM sticks to fill unfilled RAM slots. But I can't find dummy radiators to fill unfilled 120mm mounting spots. So not worrying about it or buying a bigger rad would be the two main options :)

Its a large space but ill be using a smaller radiator because it is a little bit cheaper and possibly quieter if im not wrong.
I think a larger radiator would technically be quieter, since there's more surface area available for the excess heat to be distributed over. The fans therefore won't have to work as hard to dissipate it and can run a little quieter.

For what it's worth, I personally don't recommend NZXT products that work with their CAM software. I can say from experience that their software is an absolute trash fire and that you'd be better off with a hardware product that isn't entirely reliant on buggy software to work as intended. I get it, the NZXT coolers are pretty and they perform well. When they work. My girlfriend owns a Kraken x62 and she regrets buying it every day since she got it. We're replacing hers as soon as she has some extra money to spend.

Do yourself a favour and get something like the Arctic Liquid Freezer II series or a Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240. A bit of RGB and customisation is not worth the hassle, particularly at such inflated prices.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
For the RGB you could go for the Corsair ones too. They have 240mm,280mm and 360mm AIO's. I have a 240mm right now and it's not the most silent one fan wise, but that's because the temperatures in my room generally are increasing like mad.

Reactions: Rensje

TRENDING THREADS