Question What RPG did you FINALLY find time to play?

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Lauren Morton

Staff member
Just finished Pillars of Eternity and its White March DLC which was staring at me from my backlog for what felt like an eon. As much as I loved it, I did feel like it was dragging on a bit towards the end with the walls of text. Next up is a palette cleanser and much shorter game to give my mind a break before I delve into a new RPG. Maybe Disco Elysium this time!

Disco! Disco! Disco!

Lately I find more time to game on my tablet than on PC so I've taken the opportunity to play through all of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions, including Siege of Dragonspear. I was too young to remember much of BG1 so that was a nice one to refresh my memory of. I actually enjoyed it more than SOA, it's a bit more open ended, and I find low level adventures more engaging with a better sense of progression and without pages of spells and abilities to pick from for each character.

Still plugging through TOB but as I'm slowing down and getting that re-roll itch I've also copied my elven fighter/mage into Shadowrun Dragonfall as an SMG wielding street mage which had also been fun. Love the Shadowrun setting, even if the gameplay is pretty clunky.

That might be a thread idea actually, does anyone else find themselves bringing a favourite character to a completely different game series'? A while back I brought a Lawful Evil Fighter/Cleric named Radovid through Shadow of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark, and I wasn't willing to let him go so I rebuilt him in Skyrim with Ordinator.

Last edited:

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Lately I find more time to game on my tablet than on PC so I've taken the opportunity to play through all of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions, including Siege of Dragonspear. I was too young to remember much of BG1 so that was a nice one to refresh my memory of. I actually enjoyed it more than SOA, it's a bit more open ended, and I find low level adventures more engaging with a better sense of progression and without pages of spells and abilities to pick from for each character.

How do you like the mobile port of BG? Are there any problems with controls? You're playing on a much smaller screen than on PC, so I presume there are some inconveniences.

That might be a thread idea actually, does anyone else find themselves bringing a favourite character to a completely different game series'?

Never tried to do so. I always like to create unique characters with unique names. I find it more lore friendly than copying characters from different series.

Reactions: Mazer
How do you like the mobile port of BG? Are there any problems with controls? You're playing on a much smaller screen than on PC, so I presume there are some inconveniences.

I've found it completely playable. It has the obvious issues, lots of little icons to press and limited screen real estate etc. But the auto-pause options and much improved pathfinding of the enhanced editions makes the gameplay liesurely enough that I haven't had many issues.

Micromanaging is a pain however, drag-selecting separated groups of the party or accurately assigning attacks is cumbersome without a mouse. I'm using a much smaller party in this playthrough so that's helped, but I'm honestly curious now about how the controls are on consoles now that the series has been released on literally everything that emits light.

Never tried to do so. I always like to create unique characters with unique names. I find it more lore friendly than copying characters from different series.

I find coming up with fantasy names excruciating so I use names of relatively obscure characters from a different medium, altered to fit the lore if necessary. I use characters I don't have much of a vivid impression of with names that appeal to me. Making a mage named Daenerys is pretty on the nose, but I don't think most people would blink if I named my Duergar rogue Tungdil Goldhand.

Reactions: Sarafan
A bit late to the party, but its taken me a long time to finally to getting around to the Witcher 3 GOTY edition. I just had to time it just right as to when to play it. it wasn't until christmas 2019 did i start and is hasn't disappointed. I'm enjoying it apart from Gwent which i find a bit cack to the point i prefer dice poker...

Anyway, nearly 120 hours later am i near main game end. Still got to do the expansion passes, so i'll probably do them before closing out the main game.

What will i play after the witcher 3? Dunno, everytime i think about it i feel hollow. perhaps i'll blast through a load of indie games in quick succession and clear them from the list before sinking my teeth in a AAA game. Something ubisoft probably.

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
Kingdom Come Deliverance here as well. It was mainly because I didn't have the PC hardware to run the game. After my recent upgrade I was able to fire it up and I'm about 3/4 the way through. So far I love it and applaud the developers for making a game like this!

Reactions: BornAgainPCGamer
Kingdom Come Deliverance here as well. It was mainly because I didn't have the PC hardware to run the game. After my recent upgrade I was able to fire it up and I'm about 3/4 the way through. So far I love it and applaud the developers for making a game like this!
Picked it up for free on the Epic store awhile back. Really looking forward to firing it up, had my eye on it for ages but a huge backlog and older hardware put me off purchasing. Then a slight upgrade to a gtx 1660 ti coincided with the Epic giveaway, as luck would have it.

Apollo

King Kong
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
As a big RPG fan I always feel so cursed. My free time is so limited and every RPG constantly touts its 9000+ hours of campaign and sidequests. My list of RPGs to play (both new and old) is constantly growing and the best feeling is finally getting to knock one off the list.

What RPG did you FINALLY make time to play recently?

For me I think it will be Tyranny or Kingdom Come Deliverance. I got about halfway through Tyranny originally and have always regretted not finishing it. I played hard mode as an unarmed character and if I go back I think I'll just take it a bit easy so I can actually finish the dang thing in a reasonable number of hours. I've still never tried KCD but I feel bad missing out on such a big 3D RPG!
I've been trying to find time to play Witcher 3 but I never end up doing it, and I just play CSGO for the millionth time.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I've been trying to find time to play Witcher 3 but I never end up doing it, and I just play CSGO for the millionth time.
full

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I've just started The Dwarves, had it for a while and bever really played it, I've also learnt how to play Galactic Civilisations and Sins of a solar empire while I've been off work and only a laptop to play on.

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
I am whatever percentage I might be through Octopath Traveler. I enjoy the old school RPG grind but (like reviews said) the 8 stories is not a great gimmick since they are completely unrelated. It is hard for me to start it but once it is booted I will dump a couple of hours into it easily. I cannot see myself playing through this again though.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Well I just picked up Elder Scrolls Online during the big sale. Been playing as an Orc in Elsweyr. Just finished my first side quest. The ending was very amusing. Was not expecting it.

Was waiting for ES6 but that is too far in the future to just wait.

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
Well, honestly I did manage to find some time and enjoy the Wizard101 due to its fishing mod. When I understood that for more expensive fish in the different city I would need to pay the abnormal price for entrance just into that city, I turned it off.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Started another game from my huge backlog. It's Divinity Original Sin 2. I never finished the first game for several reasons. First of all it was too linear for my liking. Then there's the difficulty level. I struggled even on normal. And I wasn't impressed with the main plot as well. I've played D:OS2 only for a few hours, but I already like it more than D:OS1. We'll see how it goes further.

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
I finally got around to playing Thronebreaker. Solid RPG with a good story and solid card-playing. Unfortunately, the itch to play some Formula 1 and Civ 6 recently has kinda kicked it to the curb!
Wow! I didnt know about this game, I love such themes, when the game is about fantasy words, kingdoms and so on. I am RPG fan and always search new games, Hustle Castle is what I play for a long time. It's funny to be in a role of king, building castles, having army of orcs and dragons and so on. I think its the best game of my own rating. The storyline is clear, vivid graphics, each character has a story, attention paid to each details. Many thanks to developers of the game, i am waiting for new such games and hope they will make smth new in the same way. I sometimes search for new games on robomodo, because they write details of gameplay, will be great if smb can advise new rpg in such theme!

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Until recently, Planescape: Torment. Got all the way to
Curst
before I had to sell my PC (long story haha.)

I usually prefer more action-y RPGs but this one has been pretty engrossing so far. The main character, the companions, and the plot have been the absolute highlight of the game, and the extensive dialog system has made up pretty well for the lack of high production values (something I don't really judge too harshly in games anyway.)

Hopefully it won't be long before I manage to continue the game.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I've been playing through all of the final fantasy games with emulators in my quest to finally decide if they're any good. That's still PC gaming, right? So far I've beaten 3, 4, and 5, and I'm now playing 6. I really don't understand the appeal of 4. It's boring and the story sucks. 5 on the other hand is excellent! I played the Gameboy Advance version and it's fun because of the job system and the writing is hilarious.

TRENDING THREADS