Question What RPG did you FINALLY find time to play?

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
I haven't compared enough to know, @MirzaGhalib . Steam's version is sure good for modding, though. Here's a video covering just how to do it with the (recently updated) 7th Heaven mod manager. (I don't think the psx disc will do it, you'll need to buy it on Steam or see if you can actually find an old Windows CD for it.)

May 18, 2020
Visit site
Really mowing through games on my backlog since this all began...

Started with Divinity 2 with some friends but we're lazy so we're only on Act 2 or so in the campaign, proving to be a little tricky to find days where everyone is motivated to play, but we're chugging along after many, many, many reloads because someone managed to piss off any npc you could. Having a great time with it, love the turn based combat and all the approaches to fights you can take.

In the meantime as a lot of other people are doing going through Kingdom Come: Deliverance a bit, although after reinstalling i'm having a weird issue where it takes about 20 minutes to boot into game, so it takes some commitment to get started on a play session.

Loving Disco Elysium, but I can only manage an hour or two per session, I dont wanna fatigue and skip through the dialog because the writing is truly phenomenal in this, and I secretly feel that if i get frustrated again i'll abandon my current playthrough for a different skillset.

I finally got around to playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and wow, as buggy as this game is (even with the unofficial patch) its truly phenomenal. A lot of the skills like sneaking, lockpicking and hacking really remind me of fallout, not sure if they were present in 1&2 but it certainly shares some of the feel of 3 and New Vegas. Played long enough on my first session to get some hilarious bugs (all small items started being replaced by fridges) and i'm nearly finished my first playthrough after a few days, not sure if i should attempt a second or focus on other games in the backlog.

Finally as i'm writing this i'm getting ready to tackle Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as i've always been a fan of the series, excited to see how that goes.

Reactions: Zloth and Sarafan
I picked up D:OS 2 and both POE games in the Paradox Interactive sale on Steam this weekend, starting with Pillars 1 tonight and I'm at a complete loss as to what to roll.

I'm interested in the Godlike for the novelty but unsure how potentially crippling the loss of a helmet slot will be for both games. Class-wise, seeing as I'm still on a power high from taking a F/M multi through BG2, I'm eyeing Cipher or Chanter as a possible substitute. On the other hand I also love Paladins, and I'm curious about their skill set and RP options.

Even odds I'll have restarted the game a dozen times by next weekend and made zero tangible progress.

Reactions: Sarafan

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I'm interested in the Godlike for the novelty but unsure how potentially crippling the loss of a helmet slot will be for both games. Class-wise, seeing as I'm still on a power high from taking a F/M multi through BG2, I'm eyeing Cipher or Chanter as a possible substitute. On the other hand I also love Paladins, and I'm curious about their skill set and RP options.

A Godlike is a good choice. I finished both PoE games using a character which was a representative of this race. Lack of helmet can be a little painful, but after a few hours it stopped being meaningful. The bonuses this race receive are quite nice. Especially I suggest Moon Godlike. The healing it provides is a very nice feature.

As for class, I used Cipher. It's the most unconventional class in the game and it fits ideally in the main plot. I'd give it a try. :)

May 3, 2020
Visit site
I finally found time to replay all of Dragon Age. Sort of. I'm still going through the first one.

With the way it's set up, they maintain a website connected to your account that lets you set the world state for each future game. As such, I needed to replay the games since I completely forgot what happens and want to make sure I set up my world state properly!

It's a genius idea, though. I'm really excited for Dragon Age 4.
I'm not quite following news as I should, so thank you so much for letting me know there is a DA4 coming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zloth

Community Contributor
I finally got around to playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and wow, as buggy as this game is (even with the unofficial patch) its truly phenomenal. A lot of the skills like sneaking, lockpicking and hacking really remind me of fallout, not sure if they were present in 1&2 but it certainly shares some of the feel of 3 and New Vegas. Played long enough on my first session to get some hilarious bugs (all small items started being replaced by fridges) and i'm nearly finished my first playthrough after a few days, not sure if i should attempt a second or focus on other games in the backlog.
I don't remember seeing many bugs with the unofficial patch. Anyway, you'll want to play through again sometime with one of the crazy vampires if you aren't playing one already. It would probably be good to give it some time so you can forget a little of the story, though.

Ciphers are really good against the masses. Not so handy in the final boss fight but quite good in just about every other fight. The only problem with playing a cipher that I see is that Grieving Mother is a really interesting character and she's a cipher, so you would have two in your party.

A Godlike is a good choice. I finished both PoE games using a character which was a representative of this race. Lack of helmet can be a little painful, but after a few hours it stopped being meaningful. The bonuses this race receive are quite nice. Especially I suggest Moon Godlike. The healing it provides is a very nice feature.

As for class, I used Cipher. It's the most unconventional class in the game and it fits ideally in the main plot. I'd give it a try.
Ciphers are really good against the masses. Not so handy in the final boss fight but quite good in just about every other fight. The only problem with playing a cipher that I see is that Grieving Mother is a really interesting character and she's a cipher, so you would have two in your party.

In the end I've gone with a Moon Godlike Paladin, so I'll save Cipher in case I ever get around to an evil playthrough. And you're not the first I've heard say good things about Grieving Mother

Loving the per-encounter skills in this ruleset, and the idea that cantrips can become per-encounter at high caster levels had me eyeing the caster classes for longer than I usually would. The endurance/hp system is still throwing me off a little but I see the promise, overall I find I'm stressing less over character resources from one battle to the next than I would in an infinity engine game, particularly at such low levels.

Reactions: Zloth

Sarafan

Community Contributor

I tried to play the game with six Ciphers. :) It's possible to finish it this way. With two it should be also a quite interesting experience.

Reactions: Zloth and Frindis
May 1, 2020
Visit site
I haven't compared enough to know, @MirzaGhalib . Steam's version is sure good for modding, though. Here's a video covering just how to do it with the (recently updated) 7th Heaven mod manager. (I don't think the psx disc will do it, you'll need to buy it on Steam or see if you can actually find an old Windows CD for it.)

I ended up getting it on Steam and modding it with the Reunion mod, the really good ninostyle models, and Satsuki's texture pack, which is basically a better remako project. It's like an HD remaster now!

Reactions: Zloth
Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Loving Disco Elysium, but I can only manage an hour or two per session, I dont wanna fatigue and skip through the dialog because the writing is truly phenomenal in this, and I secretly feel that if i get frustrated again i'll abandon my current playthrough for a different skillset.

I fully understand it's the game to be enjoyed and be taken slow. A lot of dialogues and a lot of text depicting the history of Revachol and the The Pale.
A game to be truly enjoyed.
When I head it's somewhat as Planescape: Torment that was it. I had to play it and I enjoyed it quite a lot.

TRENDING THREADS