Jul 9, 2020
Visit site
The question is in the title, here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (4.5GHz)
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4 (2400MHz)
Memory: 1x512GB SSD ; 1x1TB HDD

I use Windows 10.

Oh, by what PSU should I get I mean, I want to upgrade my PC's GPU to an RTX 2060 Super and it needs 1x6 pin connector and 1x8 pin connector and I can't find one that has those, or I don't know how to search. I think for my specs I need around 700~750 Watts? I'm not sure, but I can't really find a PSU with those connectors. (I'm not planning on overclocking/interfering in any way with the GPU, I will use this PC only for gaming.)

You don't need anywhere near 750W. You can buy a 750W PSU if you like, but you don't need anywhere close to that. 550W would have been generously enough.

Either way, consider Corsair's RMx or RM2019 series, depending on local availability and pricing.

PSU PCIe connectors will almost all be '8-pin', especially in the wattage range you're looking at.

But 8 pin is 6 + 2 pin - i.e. as per THIS photo you can just plug in the 6 pin part if that's all your GPU needs, and the 2 pin bit is spare. As long as the PSU has 2 x 8pin connectors (aka 6+2 pin connectors) you're fine.

What monitor are you gaming on? What resolution and refresh rate is it?

Why only 8gb 2400MHz RAM with an R7 3800x (plus soon to be expensive GPU)?

Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
No harm in getting a larger power supply, that will give you enough power for a better video card later. :p

Personally, I like SeaSonic's power supplies.

TRENDING THREADS