CPU: Intel core i7 13700k
CPU Cooler: Deepcool ak620
Motherboard: Asus Prime z790-p Wifi ddr5 atx
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16) ddr5-6000
Storage: 2xWestern Digital black 7200rpm
Storage: samsung 970 evo nvme
Video Card: Gigabyte windforce oc geforce gtx 1060 3gb
Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow atx

I need help with the PSU. My current PSU is a Corsair AX860 from 2016, it has 7 years and its warranty just expired. I would want to use this PSU for my new build, but I'm afraid that when the PSU dies it will fry other components too. If I had to buy a new PSU, I would buy a Corsair HX1000i or a Corsair HX1200. I have 2 questions in this regard:
1. Is it safe to use my current PSU (Corsair AX860) with the new build? All I want is for it to not damage other components when it dies
2. If I had to buy a new PSU, would you suggest buying the HX1000i or the HX1200? I'm buying a PSU that have so many watts because I'm trying to future proof, in the near future I might get a new graphics card (I don't know which one) but I would want my psu to be able to handle even power hungry ones.

Thanks to everyone who will take the time to answer

Its a very high end power supply that wasn't even being slightly taxed if it was used with a GTX 1060, so it will definitely work, and probably for a good amount of time.

That being said, the warranty being out would still make me want to replace, I wouldn't want to run a brand new card for another 7 years on it out of warranty. Looks like you're buying pretty high end parts, so I say just bite the bullet and pick up a new one for peace of mind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts