Question What is the best way to compare GPU performance?

May 30, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I was just wondering how or where exactly I could find out if the performance that I am getting in-game (Battlefield V and Destiny) is "normal for the specs that I have.
The two games that have been giving me the most issues are Battlefield V and Destiny 2, while I know that BFV is a very graphically intensive game even on the lowest settings I can only get about 40-60fps. Destiny 2 performance is better but I still feel it could be improved, I usually get between 80fps to 60ish BUT it certain game modes like public events (PVE Horde mode) the FPS tanks and drops to 30-50FPS for a substantial amount of time which results in an unenjoyable gaming experience. any suggestions would be appreciated.

FYI: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop with a GTX 1060 with Max-Q design.
Intel Quad-Core i7-7700HQ, 128GB SSD + 1 TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Graphics, Windows 10

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
The best way to get pure performance is (as far as I'm aware) running passmark benchmarks.

They won't give you battlefield 5 benchmarks, but you can compare your score to simular scores. Still take it with a piece of salt because it might be compared to overclocked PC's.

Either way, this is your the 3rd of 4th topic, why keep starting new ones?

May 30, 2020
Visit site
The best way to get pure performance is (as far as I'm aware) running passmark benchmarks.

They won't give you battlefield 5 benchmarks, but you can compare your score to simular scores. Still take it with a piece of salt because it might be compared to overclocked PC's.

Either way, this is your the 3rd of 4th topic, why keep starting new ones?

I'm actually pretty new to PC and am just curious to compare FPS with other people who have the same graphics card.
Also, on PassMark what exactly do the scores mean? what exactly are the scores based on?

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
The scores just show you raw performance. A PC with a score of 18000 is twice as fast as a PC with a score of 9000. That's not exactly true, but that's how you should look at it. Also, when you look up your CPU / GPU there, you can see how much it should score and if you ran the tests yourself, you can see if your PC is performing beter or worse than the averages.

Here there's the FAQ for Passmark, here is some info about the CPU tests specifically.

When I compared my CPU to your CPU for example, my CPU is more than twice than fast as yours, but the performance per thread is only 25% faster.

Reactions: Titus78

TRENDING THREADS