Question What gaming pc should I get?

Zoid

Community Contributor
The third build with the Ryzen 7 3700X and the RX 5700 XT is the one I would go for out of those. It has the most powerful GPU, I think the R7 3700X is a better pick than the i7-9700F at the moment, and it's the cheapest.

A couple questions for you: what games are you wanting to play, and what monitor will you be playing them on (resolution, refresh rate)?

Reactions: Oussebon
So these are all ~$1300-$1350 (USD).

The third build with the Ryzen 7 3700X and the RX 5700 XT is the one I would go for out of those. It has the most powerful GPU, I think the R7 3700X is a better pick than the i7-9700F at the moment, and it's the cheapest.
Agreed. The 3rd one is unambiguously the more powerful gaming PC.

The MSI PC also appears to use an external PSU which may make replacing it harder should it ever fail (harder to get a replacement), and would limit upgrade options too since it will be relatively low wattage and you wouldn't be able to easily buy a higher wattage one if you needed a beefier GPU.

Reactions: UrbanKids and Zoid
Apr 23, 2020
Visit site

A couple questions for you: what games are you wanting to play, and what monitor will you be playing them on (resolution, refresh rate)?

Apex, atlas, probably some cod, and I also have no idea what I should get for a monitor

For a PC with an RX 5700 XT, a 1080p 144hz monitor would be a bare minimum really, or else you're effectively wasting the performance of the PC you purchase.

A 5700 XT is arguably a 1440p gaming card more than a 1080p one, in that its performance is easily sufficient for high refresh rate, QHD resolution gaming in many titles.

There's also an argument that buying a ~$200 monitor, only to potentially replace it if you get more into gaming, isn't necessarily good value. And given how affordable 1080p 144hz systems are, that's a little bit entry-level these days.

You can get 1440p 144hz monitors with Freesync for ~$300+ e.g.
And to be honest I'd recommend looking at that sort of spec.

A 1080p 144hz monitor would be around $180-220 anyway so spending the extra to get a monitor you'd keep for a long while seems to be the better bang for buck.

Reactions: Alm and Zoid
In short because I'd quite like that kind of spec with that kind of monitor. :D

Especially at that kind of price. US prices for tech are often better vs UK and EU prices. That monitor costs £360-£370 here for instance. We have 20% VAT, so that would be like £300 excluding tax. With an exchange rate of 1.23, that's like $370 before tax.

But mostly you're getting a very nice new shiny thing and I wish I had one!

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
In short because I'd quite like that kind of spec with that kind of monitor.

Especially at that kind of price. US prices for tech are often better vs UK and EU prices. That monitor costs £360-£370 here for instance. We have 20% VAT, so that would be like £300 excluding tax. With an exchange rate of 1.23, that's like $370 before tax.

But mostly you're getting a very nice new shiny thing and I wish I had one!
Lmao I travel for work so I’m driving like 12 hours today then going straight to Best Buy to find it I’ll show you some pictures and stuff when I get it!!

Reactions: Oussebon and Zoid

TRENDING THREADS