Question what game relaxes you

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I'd say Journey could be the best game to calm my nerves.
To be honest, the only game that can calm me down when I‘m furious is a mobile game… That is Jouney‘s little brother Sky: The Children of Light. I just love the game. If it was available on PC, I would instantly install it.

As for most PC games: they are better in setting my curiosity than my mood.
Yet I have to admit… It is somehow calming to watch little Tristis (my shadow from the game The Longing) browse through his books… 🧘‍♀️

Reactions: Pifanjr
Sky: The Children of Light … If it was available on PC, I would instantly install it
Well, make it so!

@Colif may have tips, he's a total Journey fanboy :)

May 11, 2022
Visit site
Well I fell asleep playing subnautica and drowned, losing a 60 hour permadeath run. I woke up when my GF went to the bathroom at 2 am and couldn't help but notice the Game Over screen. Rough night.

So, Subnautica is very relaxing. I recommend it. Just make sure you head to base when all this relaxation makes you want to nod off.

Last edited:
@Crapulence1337 Interesting. Anyone know if there's a 'Forum Poster' game? I'm feeling a bit stressed here at the moment.
this forum used to be a good game of whack a spammer but its not as fun anymore.

I used to be on a forum that had an rpg built into it, you could buy equipment and use it to fight other members of the forum. It was fun but the person who wrote it had left forum by time I got there and game just sort of ended.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Islanders, Dorfromantik, Cities: Skylines, No Man's Sky, Hidden Folks, and Peggle. I also find MTG: Arena relaxing most of the time when I'm just queuing historic to gain gold for drafts but it can get frustrating like any other competitive multiplayer game at times.

Jan 23, 2023
Visit site
Don’t know about you, but it was here that I found myself a game to relax.
I liked the game Townscaper most of all I advise everyone.
Who knows more interesting games?

Apr 1, 2023
Visit site
Personally, when I come home from work tired, I like to play old strategies - Dune 2000, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, and also Heroes of Might and Magic (although this is not a strategy).

Reactions: Brian Boru
Games that i find relaxing? playing Doom 2 wads. Its not super challenging to stress me out, but just challenging enough not to make me fall a sleep playing it. of course it depends on the wad though, i don't play slaughterfest maps or the super challenging (sunder, opuplok etc) as they are too frustrating to play.

Generally games too laid back like puzzle games, walking simulators etc are just too mind numbingly dull that i can't stomach them for long. Plus i sometimes leave feeling unfulfilled and even agitated.

Something i have done every so often if i can't fall asleep is play a turn based JRPG and grind for exp for a bit. The repeatedly wandering the same areas, rinse and repeat strategy eventually gets me tired.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023
Visit site
Any games give me a chance to relax. But I especially love games from the 90s and the 2000s. Although I play the new ones as well. I can't name my favorite game, there are many, but I play CS:GO very often.

Reactions: neogunhero
Just found out that the map Il Molise on Vampire Survivors with hyper mode turned on is very relaxing. You’re just fighting static plants that only do damage if you walk too close, so it’s a lot easier than the normal maps. It’s quite relaxing and easy to turn your brain off while you just run around collecting gems. The main maps require more concentration but Il Molise is really just plain fun.

My favorite thing is to put on some Aphex Twin or Squarepusher on Spotify and turn off the in-game music while I play, it really helps me unwind from a stressful day at work.

TRENDING THREADS