What are your favorite weapons in Halo Infinite?

Someone just posted a thread on the best weapons in Elden Ring. I've been thinking about my favorite weapons in Halo Infinite, and we were talking about it in another thread somewhere. So I thought I'd make a thread specifically for that.

**Disclaimer** I'm talking from the perspective of the single player campaign.

In the other thread, I had talked about how it's a pain to only have 2 weapon slots, and I'd like 3. I said that I always want to be carrying a Mangler, and in my second slot, it's a fight between having a Ravager, or some type of sniper rifle. The Mangler is a good general-use weapon, and depending on the situation, I love the Ravager for a good close-up power weapon. But sometimes I really need something good for sniping.

But my oldest son actually helped me figure out a better solution, and it involves ditching the Mangler, which I never thought I'd do. The solution is the VX78 Commando. It's great for up close, and it's also decent for sniping because of its awesome scope. It does a good job of replacing my needs for both the Mangler and some kind of sniper rifle. It seems a little less powerful than a dedicated sniper rifle, but it does the job well. Having that frees me up to just have the Ravager all the time and keep it loaded when I can. It's the perfect 2-weapon setup for my playing style. Until I found a VX78 Commando, I was trying to use a BR75, which does a decent job. But I just didn't like that it's a burst weapon. I much prefer with the VX78 that you can pull the trigger once and just shoot one bullet.

So what are your favorite weapons in this game?

Not that it matters, and I'm not upset about it, or anything. But why do threads similar to the ones I make not get moved out of General Gaming? Like my thread about TES VI got moved to RPG, but the similar thread about what do you want from Fallout 5 didn't get moved?

I don't really care. Just curious how this works.

Not that it matters, and I'm not upset about it, or anything. But why do threads similar to the ones I make not get moved out of General Gaming? Like my thread about TES VI got moved to RPG, but the similar thread about what do you want from Fallout 5 didn't get moved?

I don't really care. Just curious how this works.

Keep in mind that mods do not get paid for their work. Keeping the forum nice is a group effort that everyone can contribute to, so if you see something that could be improved, do not hesitate to make a report.

So i just went to look up the name for the handgun/shotgun gun because ive been using that and there are some amazing replicas out there of the guns. Next in my arsenal is the BR75 as well so i gotta say i use those 2 mostly. Sometimes i wield the snipers since i play on legendary.

No kb/m for anything?
Not really. Every once in a while I'll run into something that doesn't support controller. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, I was a big K&M fan, and I only played that way. When dual analog came out, I had a really hard time with it, and I much preferred K&M. But then we ended up getting an Xbox 360 later in its life, and I got good at using controllers to the point that I just prefer them now. So I carried my 360 controller over to PC gaming, since it integrates so well with Windows.

But it just makes sense with my play style, anyway. I don't play multiplayer at all, so I don't have to worry about getting pwned by k&m gamers. Plus, my PC is always dedicated to my living room 4K TV, and I play from my recliner. I have a wireless keyboard with a built-in touch pad for navigating Windows and GUIs, but that setup doesn't work well for gaming. A wireless 360 controller is perfect for how I do things, and I already prefer that, anyway.

Not really. Every once in a while I'll run into something that doesn't support controller. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, I was a big K&M fan, and I only played that way. When dual analog came out, I had a really hard time with it, and I much preferred K&M. But then we ended up getting an Xbox 360 later in its life, and I got good at using controllers to the point that I just prefer them now. So I carried my 360 controller over to PC gaming, since it integrates so well with Windows.

But it just makes sense with my play style, anyway. I don't play multiplayer at all, so I don't have to worry about getting pwned by k&m gamers. Plus, my PC is always dedicated to my living room 4K TV, and I play from my recliner. I have a wireless keyboard with a built-in touch pad for navigating Windows and GUIs, but that setup doesn't work well for gaming. A wireless 360 controller is perfect for how I do things, and I already prefer that, anyway.

Understandable. I was the other way around lol. I mean obviously i had to use K/B M back in the day if i was playing pc but i was a console gamer pretty much up until my first real gaming pc build in 2014. Even still, after a a couple years i was still mostly using controller, then about 4-5 years ago i just went heavily back into K/B M and now i struggle with using a controller lol, unless im doing racing/couch coop or fighting games, which i dont do much of.

But back to the original point. Have been playing Halo more and it seems that the BR really doesnt leave my arsenal. Anything with mid-long range i use more of. I tend to just mix it all up when im in battle because i tend to switch guns a lot, sometimes ill carry a sword because its just fun to grapple enemies, stun them and hack away, but its safe to say i run the BR mostly

But back to the original point. Have been playing Halo more and it seems that the BR really doesnt leave my arsenal. Anything with mid-long range i use more of. I tend to just mix it all up when im in battle because i tend to switch guns a lot, sometimes ill carry a sword because its just fun to grapple enemies, stun them and hack away, but its safe to say i run the BR mostly
Now that I'm finding my groove, I'm really loving the BR. My other weapon is usually a Ravager Rebound. Although sometimes I switch it out for a shock rifle, or more recently, a sword. I recently played a couple of places that had a few of those invisible elites, and the sword came in really handy.

Oh man! Last night, I just found out that I've been able to get a WASP at my Fobs. That thing is so awesome. It's a game changer. For flying vehicles, it's so much better than a banshee. I love how you can hover with it, unlike the Banshee where you're always moving.

TRENDING THREADS