Weird 3d like effect at the edges of stuff(mountains, roads, tables, buildings etc.) when gaming purple-ish color.

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Hello I've come with a problem of sorts that started to happening
When I play a game sometimes I see weird 3d like purple effect or white it's different a bit depending on the game or colors involved in a scene. I don't know if it's my monitor or maybe one of the PC components.
Thank you all for your advice and help in this matter. I know I have a lot of posts concerning my PC but yeah I'll try my best to keep them to a minimum. I don't have any photos as it's very hard to capture it so it's clearly visible on the screenshot I'll do my best and try it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($269.39 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($42.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Silicon Power P34A60 256 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($20.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE OC GeForce GTX 1650 G6 4 GB Video Card
Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SilentiumPC Vero L2 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: iiyama G-MASTER BLACK HAWK 24.5" 1920 x 1080 75 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($9.97 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech M90 Wired Optical Mouse ($7.80 @ Amazon)
Total: $541.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-29 16:42 EDT-0400

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
I recorded a short video and tried my best to capture it on video and also did some pictures and recorded them using the Nvidia program. I hope you'll be able to see it. It's mostly noticeable when I'm moving the camera and running a lot. Here is the link to the videos and pictures:

and a screenshot of my graphic settings
There is a visible flow aura idk how to name it on the bow on the ground and purple smears on the river and road

Reactions: Brian Boru
are the images from inside the game, photos or captures?
I can't see anything in the videos that stands out but I do see it on game images

I ask as the difference is what source of error might be.
If they screenshots, it means its being rendered by the GPU
If they are photos, it could be the monitor

this is a monitor made by same people - link - mentions purple on objects
I can see clues suggesting the purple smear is the monitor.

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
I think I found the culprit when I shared my screen with friends they didn't see it as well so I checked the monitor setting and turned off the I color option and the purple flow was gone. Thank you all for the help and tips on how to resolve the issue I really appreciate the forums community that helps with each problem no matter how small or stupid it may sound coming from inexperienced users like me.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS