Weekend Question: Who did you romance in Mass Effect?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week's question is: Who did you romance in Mass Effect?

We've seen in the latest trailer for Mass Effect Legendary Edition that the remaster makes Thane's lips at least 80 percent more kissable. Perhaps dangerously so. All of the characters have been visually upgraded of course, but there's a lot more focus on the popular companions for the obvious reason. Which one did you romance when you played these games for the first time? And do you plan on pursuing them again in HD? If you refused to date anyone on board your ship because it would be an HR nightmare do tell us all about that instead.

Reactions: Sarafan and Frindis
Liara, always Liara. Oh, Miranda temped me with those skin tight outfits, and Tali because she's so sincere and mysterious almost made me cheat on Liara in ME2 (but I stayed strong). Liara was my one and only love interest from ME1 to ME3. Thankfully Bioware produced the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2, so that I could be with her again before ME3.

Reactions: Frindis
I didn't romance anyone in ME1 or 3, but romanced Miranda in 2. Usually romantic dialogue in games is so bad that it makes me embarrassed to even do it, worse so in some of the Assassin's Creed games. You pick a vague dialogue option, your character starts talking and you think, "Oh God, did I just really say that?"

Also, the sex is usually only a one-time thing. I remember in Dragon Age 1 romancing the dark mage, and she ticked me off so much afterward with her sudden coyness that I switched to the bard (I think).

Post romance success is usually pretty lame. Same sort of deal in other games, like Stardew Valley, where I married the purple hair girl (sorry, it's been a few days), and she spent the rest of the game standing by the oven.

I've just yet to find a game where I thought the romance was done well from beginning to end, but I'll probably do the romance in the new, redone Mass Effect just to be a completionist, as I probably won't play them again afterward.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
In the first Mass Effect game I romanced Ashley. It was interesting to role-play a little xenophobic character. I'm against such a behavior in real life and that's why it was a very unique experience for me.

In the second Mass Effect I tried to romance Miranda, but I screwed something and never finished it properly.

• Haha
Reactions: mainer

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
For whatever reasons, I don't end up playing a lot of games with romance strings. Well, this isn't Mass Effect, but I just started a thing with Petra the hunter in Assasin's Creed: Valhalla.

TRENDING THREADS