Weekend Question: What was the last game you refunded, if any?

Black Desert Online.

Why? I'd heard awesome things about the player economy, buildings, and oodles of stuff that I'm very much into in MMOs. So I dove in, and then discovered gender-locked classes like hitting a brick wall at full speed. While this isn't a deal-breaker for most, and I'm typically not that finicky, this was particularly irksome. This was also when I discovered the unfortunate refund policy of, if you log into the game at all, you couldn't get a refund. That, in an of itself, is plenty justification on my end to abandon.

I'm not sure if this has changed at all, but it was my last refund game. Before that was eons ago for Empire Earth 3.

Reactions: IndecentLouie

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I usually don't refund games even if I was a bit disappointed in them. The only one I remember refunding was Civilization VI. I spent a solid amount of hours in Civ V and had fun with it, as with some previous entries. So at some point I decided to buy latest iteration even tho I was vary of the changes - but hey, it was on decent sale. Aaaaaand it didn't click with me at all. Somehow the visual style and UI changes made me just wanting to go back to Civ V.

Reactions: amanda90
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
I usually don't refund games even if I was a bit disappointed in them. The only one I remember refunding was Civilization VI. I spent a solid amount of hours in Civ V and had fun with it, as with some previous entries. So at some point I decided to buy latest iteration even tho I was vary of the changes - but hey, it was on decent sale. Aaaaaand it didn't click with me at all. Somehow the visual style and UI changes made me just wanting to go back to Civ V.

I thought Civ V was a low point in the series. Unstacking the cities in Civ VI was a master stroke, imho.

I refunded Assassin's Creed Odyssey standard edition and a month later I decided to buy Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate edition as it was on sale for 74%. The main reason for the refund was because of how they were implementing microtransactions, but after some time I guess I kind of just fell in love with all the videos I kept watching from the game and finally caved in. I am happy I did because I am enjoying the game a lot!

Zloth

Community Contributor
The only game I ever refunded was Fire Pro Wrestling World. The game looks like a great one but I just flat out couldn't control my wrestler well enough. After almost two hours, I still couldn't do the simplest moves reliably so I refunded.

P.S. The microtransactions in Odyssey are extremely skippable.

I refunded Hatred around a week ago, I didn't find it fun or even satirical. I like twin stick shooters but this one made me nauseous, I disliked the graphics and to be honest gunning down the civilians and cops actually made me feel like a bad person.

Reactions: Zloth
Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
Kingdoms & Castles, about a year and a half ago. Played it, was absolutely underwhelmed by its simplicity and refunded.
I then proceeded to buy it again on a whim one year later. It is now one of my favourite city builders, precisely because of it's actually quite charming simplicity, better yet, elegance.

Feb 1, 2020
Visit site
I refunded Hatred around a week ago, I didn't find it fun or even satirical. I like twin stick shooters but this one made me nauseous, I disliked the graphics and to be honest gunning down the civilians and cops actually made me feel like a bad person.

Genuinely curious what were you expecting?

Did it just feel like a psycho made it?

@DirePuppy I expected it to be a twin stick shooter about an unhinged man going on a murderous rampage, I knew exactly what I was getting from the game I just didn't expect to feel disgust shooting a downed cop in the head to gain health, It felt overly topical to the world we live in.

Also no I don't think a psycho made it.

TRENDING THREADS