Question Weekend Question: What videogame villain would you like to play?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week's question is: What videogame villain would you like to play?

Far Cry 6's season pass DLC will let you play as three of the series' big bad guys: Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3, Pagan Min from Far Cry 4, and the super boring religious man from Far Cry 5. Are there are some better bad guys out there you'd like to play as? Which villain would you like to be?

Wow, that's a tough one.

Maybe a Deus Ex prequel game as Bob Page? Though I don't know that I would want to make the same choices as him.

That's the problem I have with "play as an established villain," is I can only see it working well as perhaps a redemption arc, and a lot of their stories don't allow for that. The alternative is to not give the player much agency and make them just do whatever game-y things need to happen for the villain's established goals to come to fruition, but I don't know that I would necessarily enjoy that. I'm curious to see how Far Cry 6 handles it.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Any boss from Dark Souls series. Imagine this upside down formula. You control bosses while the other player tries to beat them. It would be fun. You can find something that's slightly similar in Doom Eternal multiplayer. Two players control demons while the other one Doom Slayer. But there's one huge difference. While multi in Doom Eternal is highly balanced, my idea is to propose an unbalanced gameplay. The bosses from Dark Souls are mostly overpowered and they would stay this way in an upside down formula that I propose. Only then the experience would stay faithful to the original gameplay.

I'm late to the party on this one.

My pick is GlaD0S. Implementation wise, it would turn Portal into an asynchronous multiplayer game. The GlaD0S player has to make levels Super Mario Maker style, and then host their puzzle in a server. After a player connects, The maker gets to play their own quippy robot voice and choose which puzzle will show up next.

TRENDING THREADS