Weekend question: What game do you keep restarting but never finish?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I hear ya! I got to the desert area and it just felt like the game had run out of new stuff. That's fine in a lot of games, but I guess I didn't love the previous area enough to do it all again. Still, I adore all of the tiny tools and mechanics in Metro games.

Exactly so! The desert appears to be my final resting place as well. Oh well, I suppose the my digital corpse will keep the post apocalyptic "circle of life" rolling along...

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Divinity: Original Sin 2. I love the game, started one playthrough, made it to Reaper’s Coast, discovered much of the map there. Then started second playthrough with friend, made it almost as far, never finished. Third playthrough restarted with difinitive edition, still in REAPER’S COAST. Why am I so bad at getting through this area?! I need to get stronger for Bloodmoon Island!

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever actually completed Fallout 4. Like properly. Without so many mods it becomes the Galactic Empire instead of the institute, Metal Gear Solid style stealth equipment, and things to make the construction bearable. And to lock Preston in a cage high above Sanctuary.

What was the question?

Reactions: I Will Haunt You
I'm embarrassed to say this, but Crusader Kings 2. 430 hours in, and I've never truly completed a single play-through. The reason why is as absurd as it is relatable.

I get to a point after starting out as a lowly count of some random far-flung secret religious cult minority in a European minor state. After steady conquest and a zillion strategic marriages and assassinations later, at the head of a sprawling empire, the armies finally reaches India and those plains. And then I'm just kind of done. Alexander had it right - you get to India after conquering Europe and it's just kind of...well, I got this. So why continue? Pfft.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
I loved the turn based strategy game The Lost Admiral and played it for years. It stopped working when some jerk with the initials BG made a new OS the didn't play well with it. I played wow for years but it seemed like every time I thought I was done some disaster would come along and necessitate going on another 5 to 10 levels but it never seemed like I finished it. Been playing a lot of Destiny 2 lately. Not sure if that will actually ever be finished. I keep picking up Civilization BE and No Man's Sky. They both have the potential to be such amazing games but I always wind up looking for something else. I suppose I am still in search of the lost chord.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Just remembered another one, Dying Light.

The utterly appalling checkpoint system, dumping you back half way across the map when you die, as well as taking resource points off you at the same time, WTF.

I spend more time getting back to where I was than progressing the game. I don't have time for this crap, give me a quick save option ffs!

Any and all RTS games I've ever attempted to play.

They generally just go over my head, constant micro managing must appeal to a certain brain type and its obvious that I'm not one of them.

Same here. Though I never really had an interest in them at all, but tried a few for the sake of curiosity. Turned based as well.

I did find more comfort in the "tactical" games where you have just an individual or small group and eliminate the resource gathering. Much easier to digest.

Bioshock.

The intro sequence blew me away in 2008. It was the first game I played on a DirectX 10 GPU.

But for some reason, I kept on replaying the intro, trying to see how many FPS I could squeeze out of my once legendary system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS