Weekend Question: What do you drink while gaming?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
While gaming I drink mineral water mostly. But I don't limit myself solely to it. At weekends I start gaming usually long before noon and need this extra power which only coffee can provide. I won't make an advertisement here, but I have my favorite brand of instant coffee which contains finely ground coffee beans. It gives a real kick in the morning, just as I like it. Besides that I sometimes drink juice syrup dissolved with water. Two or three times a year I get Coca-Cola, but the amount of sugar in it terrifies me. I don't like the taste of Coca-Cola Zero unfortunately.

Wow, no beer drinkers here. I frequently have a beer or 2 (or 3) in the evenings when I'm gaming. But the two beverages that I drink the most, especially during the daytime are ice tea (no sugar), and/or seltzer water mixed with either cranberry juice or Gatoraide Zero. I may forget to eat sometimes, but I always have a cold beverage handy at my small "snack" table next to my desk.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Gotta acclimate yourself. Do half Coke, half Coke 0. It was easiest with root beer for me.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to accept Coca-Cola Zero. :) It leaves a specific taste after you drink it. I can feel right away when a drink contains a sweetener of some kind instead of sugar. Besides that it's even sweeter than standard Coca-Cola.

Serious note here: for health reasons, you should try to get up from desk ~once an hour or more often, for a few minutes.

I do try once an hour, I just fail most of the time.

Actually, I probably hardly ever sit still for more than an hour because there's usually someone or something that needs my attention. I just forget to grab a drink before I sit down again.

EDIT: I decided to grab some water right after typing that. But first, I grabbed some food, then I noticed something was expired so I threw that out and I was almost back at my seat before I realized I hadn't actually gotten a drink yet.

I do try once an hour, I just fail most of the time.

Actually, I probably hardly ever sit still for more than an hour because there's usually someone or something that needs my attention. I just forget to grab a drink before I sit down again.

EDIT: I decided to grab some water right after typing that. But first, I grabbed some food, then I noticed something was expired so I threw that out and I was almost back at my seat before I realized I hadn't actually gotten a drink yet.

Glad to hear its not just me.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
This thread is now my daily reminder to get a drink (just grabbed one).

I have a bottle of water right next to my speakers, so I constantly have it in my sight. :) This way I remember to drink regularly. In the past it was different and given the fact that while being a kid games engaged me even more than these days it happened a few times that I forgot to drink even for 5-6 hours. :p

Reactions: Brian Boru
I have a bottle of water right next to my speakers, so I constantly have it in my sight. :) This way I remember to drink regularly. In the past it was different and given the fact that while being a kid games engaged me even more than these days it happened a few times that I forgot to drink even for 5-6 hours. :p

Thank you for reminding me about the glass of water on my desk. It's technically in my sight, but I'm very good at not noticing things when I'm engaged with something else. Including how thirsty I am.

I don't know what you all are going on about, but to answer, belatedly, the original question, I keep a Thermos with cold water in it with me all the time. Sometimes I also drink coffee or red Gatorade Zero, which is what I'm drinking right now.

And, yes, getting up once an hour helps prevent blood clots, which is a great thing to prevent. My wife had a pulmonary embolism when she was pregnant with my son and spent two weeks in the ICU barely able to breathe. It was a rough time.

Answer to original question: Would you believe nothing? If I am thirsty then tea or coffee - my body tells me not the game I am playing. Beer's for watching TV or out with friends and then it's usually low/ zero alcohol. Does any-one actually play better under the influence? It reminds of the friend who thought his driving (car) was better while under the influence - it wasn't! Too much sugar in fizzy drinks.

I usually flip between coffee and water, sometimes I'll have Tyskie or Birra Moretti.

I've got a friend who's quite good at Dark Souls and I struggle like crazy with it. I've been stuck on Abyss Watchers for a while and ended up drinking beer through the night while streaming my gameplay to him and laughing about it on Discord. Ended up getting drunk and defeating the Abyss Watchers, great fun. 😅

TRENDING THREADS