Weekend Question: What do you drink while gaming?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week's question is: What do you drink while gaming?

Do you match appropriate drinks to games like you're pairing them with wines? (When playing Gears of War you want a tannic wine, something astringent to help you break down all the solids in those beefy boys. You're welcome.) Does anyone actually drink the cliché gamer juice, Mountain Dew—Flamin' Hot or otherwise? How about pixel-flavored Coca-Cola? Maybe we should all calm down and drink some refreshing water. Or stop risking spills on our keyboards.

I usually forget to drink while gaming
Happens me a lot too with action games. Even slower games, I reduce intake a lot. Immersion ftw! :D

bottle of water on my desk
That tip doesn't help me, I always have coffee to the right of mouse and water to left of KB. Our water is good here, so jugs of tap water in fridge and glasses with frozen ice base in freezer does the trick nicely.

I wonder if pro gamers use Hydration Backpacks
Oh no, those are for wannabes. Us pros… well you see, our rigs are so high-powered relative to you guys that we we don't use normal setups, no siree.

This is a beginner's version of my setup—eg mine is both overclocked and overcooked, with hopper-fed attachments for food & drink needs.

Zloth

Community Contributor
OK, I thought you were squeezing zucchini/pumpkin juice into your water, @Johnway!

Mostly diet pop (Dr. Pepper, cherry Pepsi, root beer). Sometimes orange juice, lemonade, pink lemonade, or apple cider - but those count as "having a desert." Straight up tap water is common, too. All options get lots of ice - which gets to be a problem in the summer with all the condensation.

@Pifanjr Throwing in a tip that has helped me. I also do the same chugging as you occasionally, but I also try to leave a bottle of water on my desk. That way it is always close to me and harder to forget to drink.

I do try to grab a drink before I sit down for this reason, but I usually don't get around to refilling it. And bigger containers are annoying to drink from.

Luckily my wife will get me a drink every once in a while, as she knows I forget to drink when I'm busy.

Perhaps its the English lingo. what I mean is fruit juice squash/cordial (as opposed to the vegetable) . You add a small amount of the stuff to the cup and then top it up with water. Does no one else have this outside of the UK?

Well, that sounds a lot better. Like Zloth, I thought you were putting butternut squash, or something in it. Lol

butternut-squash.jpg

Reactions: Pifanjr
I usually don't get around to refilling it

I don't need to get up to refill it often

Serious note here: for health reasons, you should try to get up from desk ~once an hour or more often, for a few minutes. I've read this in loads of places, a couple to start you off:

TRENDING THREADS