Weekend Question: Has the pandemic changed your relationship with games?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week's question is: Has the pandemic changed your relationship with games?

Has spending more time at home changed the way you play games, or the way you feel about them? Maybe they've become a vital escape, but maybe you're getting burned out thanks to not having enough other things to do. Maybe you've finally got into something huge and time-intensive, or tried a new series or genre. Maybe you just can't look at Plague Inc. the same way any more.

I think I'm getting back to my 90's self. Last couple of years, like a lot of other gamers, I found myself having little patience understanding and learning games. Numerous times I started a random Battlefield game: you can hop in and out, it's quick and simple. But now, because of the pandemic, I have more time. More time means more patience, so here I am learning how to fly the F18 in DCS. It's back to the roots and I love it. Never knew I missed these kind of games.

Reactions: supono and imjossss
Not really, although this past year (2020) I found myself re-playing a lot of older games. I replayed all 3 Dragon Age games, the ME1-3 Trilogy as well as ME Andromeda, modded another run for Skyrim, started (and still going) a playthrough of both Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, and am also modding for another run at Fallout 4. Part of this is being at home more, part of it is being a bit more nostalgic & having more time to think and reminisce, and part of it is that nothing new really caught my interest. There's BG3, but I'm not quite ready to jump into early access there, and CP2077 which clearly isn't a finished game, so that's about a year away.

TRENDING THREADS