Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Gamescon Trailer

I'm putting this in the Shooters category because guns seem to play more of a role in this game than in the previous two.

Easily my most anticipated game. I remember when the first Vermintide came out how brutal it was. The first couple of days I played it, I literally thought anything over the Normal difficulty was impossible, and Normal seemed just barely possible. But the combat. Oh, the combat. I thought it was perfection until I played the second game. Then perfection had a new meaning. If they've somehow improved on that for this game, it will be something to behold, but I'll be thrilled if it just matches the second game.

If it doesn't get delayed again, it will release on November 30th on PC (and sometime after than on Xbox, but they haven't given a date). Here's the (relatively) new Gamescon trailer which includes gameplay footage. Graphic are lit (as the kids say these days).

I just hope this isn't like last time, and they spend a year trying to get the Xbox version out while the PC version just sits there with no new content updates. Surely they've learned their lesson. Also, they are a significantly bigger studio now, so maybe they can do two things at once.

I was excited for Grimdark as well, but the more i think about it the more i realize i probably don't really want it. Being online based i question how long it will take for me to get bored of the game playing the same maps doing similar objectives l4d/b4b style. I can't see me going more then 40hrs tops. being online based I'm not entirely sure i would play it much at all. Whereas SP i can take my time. MP games i have to put the time and effort into it.

Lastly i still haven't gotten round to playing vermintide at all and looking at the various DLC packages it kinda makes me just want to wait and see how it all pans out. its not helped that the 100gb+ installation size makes me wince. granted i have 1tb HD so i easily have the room, but not worth the space for something i'll probably play short term.

I was excited for Grimdark as well, but the more i think about it the more i realize i probably don't really want it. Being online based i question how long it will take for me to get bored of the game playing the same maps doing similar objectives l4d/b4b style. I can't see me going more then 40hrs tops. being online based I'm not entirely sure i would play it much at all. Whereas SP i can take my time. MP games i have to put the time and effort into it.

Lastly i still haven't gotten round to playing vermintide at all and looking at the various DLC packages it kinda makes me just want to wait and see how it all pans out. its not helped that the 100gb+ installation size makes me wince. granted i have 1tb HD so i easily have the room, but not worth the space for something i'll probably play short term.
Vermintide didn't require online, but it is set up like L4D, so if you play a lot you will be playing the same missions. I didn't think I would like that either, but I ended up putting hundreds of hours into it.

Vermintide didn't require online, but it is set up like L4D, so if you play a lot you will be playing the same missions. I didn't think I would like that either, but I ended up putting hundreds of hours into it.

i did put in 100+ hours into l4d but tbh i'm not sure whether it was i playing with other users or whether it was because i was actually out of habit rather then having fun. I must admit i did make friends and we played it a lot but its unlikely i'll ever capture that experience ever again.

i think for darktide i need a demo or a really dirt cheap price for me to be moved into getting it. my big Steam collection and having been learnt my lesson after buying chivalry 2 on steam* i'm not exactly itching to buy another online game.

* a bit of clarification. i clocked in 40 hrs so i easily got my money's worth. But the fact that it was becoming a life commitment to play and get gud , playing the same maps handful of maps and just not improving made me realize the time sink these games are. I could spend 100+ hours on many games or doing something more productive with my life. Especially when i'm doing it more out of habit rather then fun at times.

I thought i'll resurrect this thread. With the recent announcement for the beta sign up i was wondering if anyone here (besides myself) is interested in trying it?

I want to try the beta namely just to have a feel for the game and decide whether its for me or not. I did the beta For Honor and based on my experience i had a rough idea of what i was going to expect and decided to walk away from it.

i don't doubt i'll have fun with it, but again my concern is going to be the reptetitive nature of multiplayer games and whether the gameplay loop will actually sustain my interest. Cosmetics mean very little, its very much the journey/story. Plus being set on a hive world, i can't really see much variation in environments. I doubt we'll be visiting gardens, neon lit cityscapes. We'll probably be exploring metal/medieval/cavernous areas.

I thought i'll resurrect this thread. With the recent announcement for the beta sign up i was wondering if anyone here (besides myself) is interested in trying it?

I want to try the beta namely just to have a feel for the game and decide whether its for me or not. I did the beta For Honor and based on my experience i had a rough idea of what i was going to expect and decided to walk away from it.

i don't doubt i'll have fun with it, but again my concern is going to be the reptetitive nature of multiplayer games and whether the gameplay loop will actually sustain my interest. Cosmetics mean very little, its very much the journey/story. Plus being set on a hive world, i can't really see much variation in environments. I doubt we'll be visiting gardens, neon lit cityscapes. We'll probably be exploring metal/medieval/cavernous areas.
Does what you do during the beta carry over when the game goes live?

Does what you do during the beta carry over when the game goes live?

from what i saw in the faq. no it does not. its a closed beta to test stuff so not all the stuff will be there. Now that you mention it, i wonder if there will be an open beta to sample...

if you want to try and be part of the closed beta, the links here:

TRENDING THREADS