VR Hardware Advice for Flight Simulation

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Experts,

To start off, I know nothing about computers. I would like to purchase a HTC Vive Pro VR system to supplement my flight training. I will be using X-Plane 11 as my flight simulation software. The most important thing for me is to have the best quality possible through the VR headset, as reading instrument gauges is vital to the type of flying I will be doing in the VR system.

I currently have an Origin Gaming Laptop (odd purchase I know), I googled how to find what is in my computer and I have:
Intel Core i7-8750H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
16 GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit

I can run X-Plane 11 on low settings with no problems. I downloaded the system compatibility checker for the HTC Vive and it says I meet the minimum requirements, but when I use the SteamVR Performance Test, it says I do not meet the minimum requirements.

HTC Vive Min Requirements:
Intel Core i5-4590/AMD FX 8350 equivalent or better
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 290 equivalent or better
4GB of RAM or more

Here are my results from the SteamVR Performance Test:
Ready: Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.2GHz (12 Cores)
Not Ready: GPU - Intel UHD Graphics 630

I am not sure why my NVIDIA graphics card meets the minimum requirements for VR but my GPU does not, I thought they were the same thing tbh.

Is my current PC good enough for what I need? Will it run the HTC Vive? Or, do I need to purchase a new PC for my desired results? Should I somehow update the GPU/Graphics Card in my laptop? Any advice is appreciated! Sorry for the poor approach to this post, I have no idea what I am talking about. I have no desire to play any other games, only the flight sim. So other than using the flight sim, my computer is used for Microsoft Office and maybe some video/photo editing.
Budget - ~ $1500 (if new PC is needed)
Location - US

Reactions: muhammad hisbulloh
The Intel UHD graphics are the inbuilt graphics on your motherboard / processor. The 1060 is not written on the steam VR assessment.

Sorry, I'm not an expert and others may have relevant opinions that might help more but I think that the 1060 should meet the minimum requirements for VR. I'm not sure if it was included on the full Steam test results.

Reactions: HiAlph12

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts