VR corner

PCG Andy K

Alien: Isolation editor
Staff member
Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
I got hold of an Oculus Quest recently and I'm amazed by how easy it is to turn it into a regular VR headset via Oculus Link. All you need is a long USB 3.1 cable and you're good to go. I'm currently enjoying L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files (perhaps a little too much), which currently isn't available on Quest.

My Quest is currently on loan from Oculus, but when I send it back I may have to buy one of my own. It's great having the choice of playing Quest games wirelessly, but also being able to plug into my PC via Link if I want to play more advanced games.

Reactions: Krud and Chriz86
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I got hold of an Oculus Quest recently and I'm amazed by how easy it is to turn it into a regular VR headset via Oculus Link. All you need is a long USB 3.1 cable and you're good to go. I'm currently enjoying L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files (perhaps a little too much), which currently isn't available on Quest.

My Quest is currently on loan from Oculus, but when I send it back I may have to buy one of my own. It's great having the choice of playing Quest games wirelessly, but also being able to plug into my PC via Link if I want to play more advanced games.
I'm still so tempted to get a Quest myself. I was seriously impressed by the Link impressions, this feature surely helps to move a lot more units.

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
I bought a Rift S on Black Friday and I've been seriously impressed.

Being in the UK, floor space is a luxury, so it's really useful to have a headset that's easy to get out and put away, without the need of lighthouses or complicated setups, but that still has all the room scale experiences that makes VR great. Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, SUPERHOT VR, and Fallout 4 VR.

Incredible experiences that I'm able to enjoy despite having just under the recommended floor space of 2m x 2m, and the tracking is faultless, despite the obvious disadvantages of inside out tracking compared to lighthouse tracking.

The Oculus ecosystem has its downsides, but they're seemingly the only company that's actually trying to make VR accessible to everyone, which is a shame.

I'm looking forward to playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in VR soon.

Reactions: Chriz86
Feb 1, 2020
Visit site
Having a rift myself, I was rather curious if it was worth upgrading to the quest or getting a Vive.

Although I suspect there's not much point in a Vive, if I don't really have the space for it since my friend spent £300 for the leg trackers alone. It would seem like an over the top investment for something that not quite worth it (space wise).

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
Having a rift myself, I was rather curious if it was worth upgrading to the quest or getting a Vive.

Although I suspect there's not much point in a Vive, if I don't really have the space for it since my friend spent £300 for the leg trackers alone. It would seem like an over the top investment for something that not quite worth it (space wise).
I'm still using my CV1 as any other system doesn't seem worth upgrading to, even the Index.

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Gah! Why did Oculus have to complicate my VR purchase decision by bringing out the link? I was dead-set on getting the Oculus S in time for HL: Alyx, now I want the option of portability as well.

I am looking at VR too. I like the idea of the Quest, but fear relying on a battery might not be a good idea in the long term. Some of my Switch joycons are already playing up (I think from lack of use).

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I am looking at VR too. I like the idea of the Quest, but fear relying on a battery might not be a good idea in the long term. Some of my Switch joycons are already playing up (I think from lack of use).
Built in batteries are a real worry long-term. With a link cable you should be able to use it on the PC at least, even with a dead battery.

I have ordered a Rift S. Currently expected to arrive next week. Been buying VR games in anticipation. Tetris Effect looks quite cool on Epic store. Will check out the suggestions in the other thread too.

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I have ordered a Rift S. Currently expected to arrive next week. Been buying VR games in anticipation. Tetris Effect looks quite cool on Epic store. Will check out the suggestions in the other thread too.
Tetris Effect is very neat, but I find it slightly overrated. Easy recommendation still if you like Tetris, it's quite a trip.

Reactions: Alm
I do love a bit of tetris. Though it's not a game that I play obsessively.

EDIT: I got my Rift S yesterday. When it works it's awesome. Better than the previous experience I had with VR. For some reason it fails when I switch between audio sources in windows. But I'm hoping I can work that out. Loving it so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggly
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Rift S arrives today... that's my self-isolation sorted

OMG. It's so good, and I've only played the tutorial, a couple of demos and some of the free content. I'm going to get HL: Alyx at some point, but there's enough to keep me occupied until the Steam price comes down a bit, or at least for PC Gamer to finish their review.

My missus was not convinced when she found out I'd spent best part of £400, but I totally sold her on it with Google Earth VR!

Reactions: Alm
May 20, 2020
Visit site
I was thinking of making a VR game for two years now and finally got my act together. I made a prototype and recorderd a gameplay. Where can i post it? Any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS