Valve confirms Steam Sale dates - Any games at the top of your list?

[Mod edit, adding dates:
Steam Autumn Sale - November 24th - 30th, 2021
Steam Winter Sale - December 22nd, 2021 - January 5th, 2022]

Valve confirmed it's Autumn & Winter sales dates in a PCG article today (though I'm surprised that there's no Halloween sale - though there is on the Epic storefront):
Valve confirms Steam sale dates for the rest of 2021 | PC Gamer

Is there any game, or games, that you're keeping a close eye on from your Steam Wishlist? I'm pretty sure that any new releases that happen in the next 2 months won't be on sale, but perhaps there are some games you are interested in but just haven't purchased yet?

Games on my Steam Wish List that can tempt me with the upcoming sales (NOTE: This does not include any games that as yet have no release dates. It also does not contain any Early Access games that I have wish listed):

Pathfinder-Wrath of the Righteous
I had issues with Pathfinder-Kingmaker and ended up quitting. I really feel that I should give it another try before I purchase the sequel; but the sequel does seem to be much improved on many fronts.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister
This RPG looks really good, even if it seems more focused on the combat than the overall story. But that can work, as the Icewind Dale games were like that, and I loved those. So this is near the top of my "maybe" list.

Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG
Looks and sounds from the descriptions to be very similar to the original Fallout 1 & 2 games. An Indie game from Dark Crystal Games that has mostly positive reviews.

Wasteland 3
Very tempted on this one, even without a sale. When it originally released it was $59.99 usd, and now the non-sale price is listed @ $39.99; so even at that price it seems like a good deal. My only problem is that I tried to play Wasteland 2, and for some reason it just couldn't get into it. I feel that I really need to give that another shot before I purchase Wasteland 3. Maybe @Zloth could give some insight on this, as I know from other posts that he's been playing Wasteland 3.

Atom RPG: Post-apocalyptic Indie Game
Another Isometric-Apocalyptic RPG in the same vein as Fallout 1 &2; this one taking place in the Soviet Union. A very small indie developer, Atom Team; and even it's base price of $14.99 usd is really not pricey. Just have yet to pull the trigger on this one.

Days Gone
This game really looks interesting to me, and also appears to have a strong story, in addition to killing zombies. Plus it's single player only, which seems to be rare these days.

Terminator: Resistance
I love the Terminator world. This is basically a shooter type game with some RPG elements, but seems to have a decent story. It's been on my wish list for a couple of years now.

(NOTE: Hey, I just noticed that most of these games are "post-apocalyptic" in design. Weird. Maybe it's the pandemic, or maybe it's just me; probably a field day for a shrink.)

The Bards Tale IV: Directors Cut
In years past, I've played and loved the old Wizardry and Might & Magic games; and this is similar in presentation. It had a lot of nasty reviews early in it's release, but seems to have corrected much of those with the "Director's Cut".

So those are a few of my Steam wish listed games that I look at on every sale. Do you have any, outside of new releases and games with no release date?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a wishlist for about 300+ games, but they tend to stay there, even if heavily discounted. I have too many games in my backlog, so it has to be a very unique game for me to buy it and none in the wishlist really is and I'm just too lazy deleting the list. Disco Elysium is an example of such a unique game and in near future, I can see myself getting Death Trash.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nukQEAJmpZY

Sorted my wishlist by rating, so here are the selections from Very Positive and up which catch my eye—money is tight at the moment, but a ridiculous discount might tempt me.

Reactions: mainer and Zloth

Zloth

Community Contributor
Wasteland 3 and Mechwarrior 5 are on the back burner right now until I finish my X4 game - which shouldn't be long now. What I've seen of Wasteland 3 has been good so far.

I wasn't real happy with Bard's Tale 4. The combat simply wasn't that fun. The music, however - WOW! I've got a bunch of videos where I just stand in a spot and listen to the music. They've got so many great songs, they seem to pile them on top of each other! You just walk by a hut and... oh! There's somebody singing in there. Singing REALLY well! (A pity the music that comes with the more expensive version of the game doesn't include more of it.)

Let's see now... I still have Wasteland 3, MW5, and Greedfall on the to-do list. Age of Wonders: Planetfall needs more attention than I gave it earlier, too. All in all, not much need for new games this winter. Some possibilities:

Solista, Wildermyth, Phoenix Point, and Dungeon of Naheulbeuk are still releasing things, so they stay on the wish list until summer. Mass Effect Legendary stays on the wish list because I've had enough huge games for a while.

It'll be a Christmas miracle if this joins the CHRISTMAS SALE.

However, there are other games that I am looking forward to get if it gets discounted:

And because my opinions on the Epic Games Store aren't the most popular, i might poke my head in there to see if Square-Enix has discounted NEO: The World Ends With You.

i currently have a staggering 233(!) games on my wishlist. A mix of want or "oh, thats interesting, i'll keep an eye on that one". with another 400 games unplayed. if this was hard copy of games, i would be classified as a hoarder.

Will i get any more games? Probably. it will very much depend on the day as to what games are at an absolute rockbottom price as i have far too many.

The only game i want is probably chivalry 2, except that's not on steam and i hear pretty negative things recently with each patch making the game worse performance wise. So its probably best to wait until it arrives on steam before getting it.

But i'm dodging the question. What games do i want? hard to say, chances are i won't get anything.

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
I've got 166 games on my wishlist. These are the ones I am very likely to buy next (when on sale):

I'm honestly pretty undecided at this point. Not including my existing backlog, Forza Horizon 5 is coming next month, Halo Infinite in December, God of War and Monster Hunter: Rise in January and Elden Ring in February. So normally I'd have some idea in mind for games on my wishlist that will get significant price reductions but that isn't the case this year. Between my backlog and my interest in these new releases I'm not sure how much else I really want to add. I've been trying to get better at not buying games until I know I'm going to play them in the near future.

I hear y'all on backlogs; I've got my own combined backlog on Steam & GOG that's fairly long, so it does make me hesitate a bit when sales events are happening. I was actually chipping away at it a bit earlier this year, and then D2 Resurrected released and I couldn't resist going back to killing demons & undead. So my backlog is still there in the background, occasionally tapping me on the shoulder and saying, "Hey, remember me?".

@Frindis & @Zloth - I've also got Disco Elysium The Final Cut on my wish list. The gaming press raves about it, and it seems like an intricate RPG, but something just holds me back, and I don't really know what that "something" is.

@Brian Boru & @Zloth - Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is also on my list. It looks like a great action oriented RPG with a decent story. I have a friend who played it on the PS4 when it first released, and she says that I'll love it. Maybe I will. I think it has a check point save system (?), which I normally don't like, but I can adapt to that if I really like a game. Not sure if there's any QTEs or not.

@Brian Boru - Outer Wilds is a game I've watched and wish-listed for a while. Rated highly by the gaming press and has "overwhelmingly positive" reviews on Steam. It's a bit different from anything I've played before (which isn't a bad thing), but I just haven't decided yet.

I wasn't real happy with Bard's Tale 4. The combat simply wasn't that fun. The music, however - WOW! I've got a bunch of videos where I just stand in a spot and listen to the music. They've got so many great songs, they seem to pile them on top of each other! You just walk by a hut and... oh! There's somebody singing in there. Singing REALLY well! (A pity the music that comes with the more expensive version of the game doesn't include more of it.)
I think that the combat is what's holding me up from buying/playing Bard's Tale 4. I've watched the videos, and while combat structure is similar to the old Wizardry and Might & Magic games, it also appears to be different in execution. That sentence probably didn't make much sense, but I just have some doubts if I'd actually enjoy it as well. I have also read that the music is fantastic.

@Yggdrasill - Grim Dawn is by far one of the best isometric ARPGs I've ever played, as good as Sacred 2 and Diablo 2, with many QOL improvements. It's kind of like Diablo 2 on steroids. The music is great, you'll never run out of storage space in your chest (which can be shared among characters), and the complex character development is extremely involved; almost to the point of being intimidating when you first start to play. And it has guns: rifles, shotguns, or dual wield pistols.
Dt8c6Ah.jpg

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
@Yggdrasill - Grim Dawn is by far one of the best isometric ARPGs I've ever played, as good as Sacred 2 and Diablo 2, with many QOL improvements. It's kind of like Diablo 2 on steroids. The music is great, you'll never run out of storage space in your chest (which can be shared among characters), and the complex character development is extremely involved; almost to the point of being intimidating when you first start to play. And it has guns: rifles, shotguns, or dual wield pistols.

Sounds amazing! :love: Really looking forward to get it. I don't even know why this game wasn't on my radar for so long, I really like ARPGs. (Thousands of hours in Diablo & Torchlight)

I just noticed today that Steam does indeed have a Halloween Sale, running from 10/28 thru 11/1:

I haven't seen anything that really interests me, and the discounts don't seem that big, but it might be worth a look.

I've got a terribly long wishlist at around 800 games. I've decided that any game that I'm not going to buy despite a deep discount is getting removed from the wishlist.

That's how I found Battletech at 75% off. Been wanting that since it came out, but not to the point that I was willing to pay $40 for it.

I've been having fun with that on Xbox Game Pass. I haven't gotten very far yet, but what I've played has been fun.

I've decided that any game that I'm not going to buy despite a deep discount is getting removed from the wishlist
I've been whittling mine like that too. Often I wishlist a game I might be interested in, if I don't have time to check it out there and then—so it's as much a mightlist as a wishlist :)
Ally this with hiding games in my Steam library which I don't foresee ever playing, and maybe I'll get some reins on the monster.

I've got a terribly long wishlist at around 800 games.
800 games, that's huge! I thought my wishlist was a bit bloated @ 84 games. If I want to follow the development of an Early Access game, I'll wishlist it. Also games that I feel that I might like, whether old or new. In truth, probably 60-70% of those I'll never actually buy, but I want to keep track of them, because sometimes our perceptions can change, and at those times a game I was slightly interested, or a game releases from early access, seems just what I was looking for. I only very, very rarely delete a game off my wishlist.

800 games, that's huge! I thought my wishlist was a bit bloated @ 84 games. If I want to follow the development of an Early Access game, I'll wishlist it. Also games that I feel that I might like, whether old or new. In truth, probably 60-70% of those I'll never actually buy, but I want to keep track of them, because sometimes our perceptions can change, and at those times a game I was slightly interested, or a game releases from early access, seems just what I was looking for. I only very, very rarely delete a game off my wishlist.

To be honest, most of the games on my wishlist were added long before they released. I put them on there for a variety of reasons, one being that I was just curious how well they would do after release. Sometimes I do go back and check on them, but most of the time I don't.

Reactions: Pifanjr and mainer

TRENDING THREADS