Upgrades

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade my PC and am wondering what I should upgrade next. I recently upgraded my GPU to a 3070ti and am not getting the performance I think I could get. My specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600 wraiths
Asus Tuf 3070 ti
Seasonic Gold 850 PSU
16G Gskill rip jaws 2666
Gigabyte x470 Aorus gaming 7

I realize that my ram is slow but my CPU is also a consideration. Any advice would be great thanks!

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade my PC and am wondering what I should upgrade next. I recently upgraded my GPU to a 3070ti and am not getting the performance I think I could get. My specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600 wraiths
Asus Tuf 3070 ti
Seasonic Gold 850 PSU
16G Gskill rip jaws 2666
Gigabyte x470 Aorus gaming 7

I realize that my ram is slow but my CPU is also a consideration. Any advice would be great thanks!

What's your screen resolution and what game(s) are not performing up to your desire? If you are playing open world SP games like Assassin's Creed, you might be CPU bound at an FPS you aren't happy with. One way to check is to change your graphics settings and see if your FPS goes up accordingly. If you change your graphics settings and you are still getting basically the same FPS, then it's your CPU.

Just from looking at the rest of the info, it definitely seems to me that if there is anything wrong, it has to be the CPU. The speed of your RAM has almost zero to do with gaming performance.

TRENDING THREADS