Question Upgrade to 32 GB of ram (pc gaming)

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi, currently i have a 16GB (2X 8G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz C16) and my motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO. What is the best way to upgrade to 32 GB of ram? Bauying 2 more 8GB ram? Or buy 2 new 16 GB. Im asking this because as far as i know, some motherboards work better with less ram sticks, so having 2X 16 GB is better than having 4X 8GB.

Reactions: Brian Boru
How much is the DDR4-4600Mhz kit compared to the DDR4-3600Mhz kit? It's highly possible that you're going to enter into the point of diminishing returns, meaning you're spending nearly twice the amount of DDR4-3600MHz but get the same results. There's also the matter of the IMC probably not wanting to go that far into the spectrum with regards to frequency.

What sort of ram kits do you have access to? Perhaps shoot us some links for us to see?

To also add more food for thought;
The motherboard's specs show that the ram will go to DDR4-4133MHz though please keep in mind that the only way you're getting to that speed is if you pick a ram from the memoryQVL. With that in mind, I'd advise against anything above DDR4-3600MHz.

Last edited: