two MB's down, 3rd one a charm?

Jul 29, 2024
Visit site
I've generally had good luck building things and designing things. I have a lot of experience with electronics over a 30 year career. But my first desktop build is not going well. My first MB was a gigabyte. At first it powered up and almost Posted but then failed to turn on the power supply. Paid $50 to send it to gigabyte for repair. It came back and did not work. CPU light remained on. So I cut my loses and ordered an ASROCK MB. Turned it on with only CPU and Dram and the CPU and Dram lights came on and stayed on. My original CPU was questionable so ordered brand new one. No change. ASROCK advised to return MB to vendor which was Amazon. I'd really like to build a computer, but things are not going well. I don't know if I should buy another MB from a different vendor or another one from same? I want to build one with an AMD Ryzen 5 7600x, 32Gb of ram, an ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3060, Windows 11, using SSD's for storage.
Any suggestions welcome. So far I've had a Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX and an ASROCK B650E PG RIPTIDE WIFI. I do lots of 3D drawing, modeling, and rendering, along with some video editing.
Joe

Reactions: Brian Boru

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: *MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($169.99 @ MSI)
Total: $169.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-09-24 19:10 EDT-0400

Reactions: Alm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts