Question Trying to find a sci-fi PC game from around 2008, help?

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I'm trying to find a game from my past that I've been searching for, and as I don't remember enough details to make Google searches give me anything useful, I've run into a brick wall. I'll get right into it.

The game is a sci-fi game that had you managing a colony with a heavy focus on resource management, such as power generation and scientific research, along with food and metals. The colony, if I remember correctly, was on a planet, and was surrounded by a force field. The view of the colony was isometric; as in, you could zoom in and see stuff closer up, but could not change the camera angle. I'm pretty sure the colony building stuff was placed on a hex grid. There was an aspect of travelling off-planet to other planets, and to alien traders (I distinctly remember it having multiple different alien types, and the trade screen would show an animated bust of the alien you were interacting with).

As far as I recall, it was a single-player only game, and had timed upgrades for the colony stuff.

While I don't know exactly when the game would have released, I remember playing it when Fallout 3 was new, so it had to have come during or before 2008.

Sorry I don't have more information, it comes from a hazy memory from years past. If any other information would be useful, please ask for it and if I can remember it I will be happy to provide it. Any help whatsoever would be super appreciated.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Sounds something like Startopia, but that takes place on a space station, not a planet.
Right, the aliens have a less 'cartoony' vibe than Startopia, and you don't actually see the colonists, only the aliens you trade with.

Is it Space Colony? It's not hexed base though so that might not be it.
It has a VERY similar aesthetic to Space Colony, I saw the screenshots and got excited for a second! I'm looking further into that one to see if that leads me anywhere, but no, that's not it. Impressively close for how little info I gave though, maybe this will lead me in the right direction~

Reactions: Zloth
not sure if this has been answered yet, but is it possible its master of orion 3 (or even number 2?). How about planetbase? The Spatials: Galactology?

i take it we don't have any memories of publisher or maybe logo look or how the interface looked like etc?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS