May 10, 2020
Visit site
Hej! I am trying to remember the name of a game I played in early 2000. The most similar one I have found is Toki Tori, BUT it is not the one!!! The graphics and style are soooooo close, yet not the same game.

The main differences would be the missing "monsters/ghosts (think Pacman similar-ish)" in different colors, no need to collect eggs, the possibility of finding extra bonuses IN the ground when you used a shovel to dig holes and possibility to trow those monsters in the ground once the hole was dug (then the ground would regrow after some time and that monster appear in its initial location). It was a yellow character, I think it had a green shoulder bag, and the shovel in his hands. He could lose lives if falling from a high point, if dead, his "soul" flew in the sky, in grey. There were many levels and it was fairly complicated. The question is - what is the name of it???

Ghouls and Goblins?
Not Dig Dug, for sure.
Can you provide more details? What were some of the other systems? Do you remember anything about the style of art? What platform was it on?

-JP

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Ghouls and Goblins?
Not Dig Dug, for sure.
Can you provide more details? What were some of the other systems? Do you remember anything about the style of art? What platform was it on?

-JP

Well, the style of the game was REALLY similar to that TokiTori
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYiqOKxmRTk
as in here. I had it installed on pc, my parents cannot remember the name of it tho :D Details... you had to walk and explore the multi-level ground (as in the TokiTori), you were a yellow character who couldn't jump or anything, so the only way to get higher were ladders. If you were to fall down from one of the upper-layer grounds, you could either survive completely, lose some parts of your lives or die as the hit was too dangerous. Sometimes you were supposed to dig in the ground for multiple layers of the ground to find the exit or the bonuses that would lead to the next level. Your ere digging like in diagonal, so not beneath yourself, but a bit to the right or left. And if there were multiple monsters coming your way, you should dig multiple holes for each of them, as one hole eas equal to the size of one monster, aka also your body size. ... I think you could also collect lives in heart-shaped, some other power-ups... And the game always started by you randomly flying from somewhere, slowly, steady, just straight down. Also, another thing that is super similar to that TokiTori. I first thought that maybe an early version of TokiTori could be the one, but no! Because those early versions have a different style of the game. But that one I have in memory looked like 99% as the TokiTori in the video.

TRENDING THREADS