Total War : Warhammer 3

I was introduced to Warhammer in 2009 courtesy of the Warhammer 40,000 : Dawn of War II. At the time, it seemed like an extension of Starfcraft under a different umbrella but as time progressed, I learned to appreciate that they were each in their own corners of the Strategy spectrum and (sub)genres. I see myself getting into figurines and their models at some point but for now, I await the game's release and hope that it's not on my bucket list of games to play.

Came across this on my YT feed and thought I'd share this with the community;
View: https://youtu.be/dnIEzBpsfDE

How about you folks? What sort of stories/memories do you have with Warhammer? I know a special someone here who is a massive Warhammer fan! Not revealing the person...but I think I did unfurl a red carpet for you to introduce your cabinet of figurines to us /wink wink/

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pifanjr
I'd somehow missed most of the Warhammer games and lore for most of my life, even though I think younger me would've loved that stuff as well. One of my friends ended up introducing me to it with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, which was okay but I wasn't really good at so only ended up playing a few games with him. It did make me read up on the lore though, which was fascinating. That same friend introduced me later to Total War: Warhammer 2 and ended up buying it for me for my birthday last year together with another friend. I haven't stopped playing it since and I've been following every scrap of information for Warhammer 3 that has come out, even though I probably won't buy it until well after a year of release. I still have plenty of content in Warhammer 2 to go through before then and there's still like 6 DLC I haven't bought yet.

I'd love to try the tabletop version some time, but I do not have the money to actually buy any figurines. Maybe some day.

I dove into the PC game and then I dove really hard into the lore. Agreed they are fascinating! I think that's what was necessary for me to differentiate it from Starcraft, considering on the top it seemed like you were playing the same game but from two different developers.

I really wish being an early adopter for anything was as rewarding as they were back 2 decades ago. Sadly, that's not the case. I'm in the same boat as you being an adopter later down the road when all issue have been ironed(or patched out) or the price has dropped.

I am yet to try to tabletop games but in my country people understand Scrabble, Snakes and Ladders and Ludo to be table top games...not a game with figurines. So for lack of a better community, I can't play the tabletop game :'( You see the amount of detail these figurines come with? AMAZING!

My only experience with Warhammer before TWW2 and Vermintide was quite some time ago. I knew this woman who owned and operated her own figurine business online, and she was into Warhammer, and she made her own Warhammer figurines (not to sell, just for her and her gaming group). Can't remember what they were made of, but they were heavy and incredibly detailed. She was very talented and could have made a fortune if she'd been able to sell them. Not that her regular business was bad, but Warhammer players would have loved her stuff.

• Love
Reactions: Lutfij
From the way you've described her and her shop, I really want to visit her store. If anything, people who do Warhammer figurines, are exceptionally...patient!

Her physical shop is somewhere in Vermont. She used to live in Tennessee, but she only sold online then. I can't remember the name of her online store, though. I'll see if I can track her down on Facebook or something. We kind of drifted apart after she moved, and I haven't talked to her in quite awhile.

Reactions: Pifanjr and Lutfij
Looking forward to that the link to her works...though I doubt I can make it over there but I'm sure there are people who could take advantage of her store and her services, given how people have literally jumped back into their projects that would've otherwise been on hold due to the daily grind getting disrupted a la CoViD.

View: https://youtu.be/6I8GeRSZZ88

I think I'm most excited by the new battle maps. They look a lot more interesting than the mostly flat and featureless ones from Warhammer 2.

I haven't seen anything on TWW3's battle maps, but if they are like Troy's, they'll be a blast to play. Troy's are so much more interesting than TWW2's. Plus, minor settlements have capture points like in the older games.

Sadly, I've been unable to track down the lady with the figurines. She doesn't seem to be on Facebook anymore and all my searches have come up empty.

In other Warhammer news, my son ordered some very expensive, yet cheap plastic Warhammer figurines with his Christmas money. He's wanting to get some "official" paint, and I just discovered we have a store in town called "Warhammer", so we are getting ready to head over there and check it out. He's also wanting to learn how to play Age of Sigmar (if that's what that version of the game is called), so I may be going down the rabbit hole. I guess if he's going to be the lizardmen, I'm probably going to have to be the skaven. Maybe not. I guess you can fight anyone against anyone else.

Sadly, I've been unable to track down the lady with the figurines. She doesn't seem to be on Facebook anymore and all my searches have come up empty.

In other Warhammer news, my son ordered some very expensive, yet cheap plastic Warhammer figurines with his Christmas money. He's wanting to get some "official" paint, and I just discovered we have a store in town called "Warhammer", so we are getting ready to head over there and check it out. He's also wanting to learn how to play Age of Sigmar (if that's what that version of the game is called), so I may be going down the rabbit hole. I guess if he's going to be the lizardmen, I'm probably going to have to be the skaven. Maybe not. I guess you can fight anyone against anyone else.

In Warhammer 2, Luthor Harkon gets a diplomatic penalty against Lizardmen and I believe the empire campaign on the Vortex map is focused on fighting Lizardmen as well. And there's probably a lore reason for any race to fight any other race if you care about that as well.

• Love
Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS