Tomb Raider (2013) - Switching Game Version + Save Games ?

Hello

BTW - does anyone have a spare Steam key for the GOTY version that they might be willing to give away? Might simplify this a hell of a lot!

I have a Steam key for the Standard version of Tomb Raider (2013) and I had gotten 1/3 to 1/2 through (I think?) many years ago.

I want to finish playing it now - but that computer is out of action and I have a new PC.
I have the same Steam account etc and I assume that game should have my Cloud Saves (does this game do that) ?

The hitch is - I've just gotten the GOTY version from the Epic giveaway and I'd like to use that too.

My understanding (please correct me if i'm wrong)... is that the only 'non-cosmetic' extras are the single extra Campaign map and one or more multiplayer maps? I don't care about clothing etc.

So I'm wondering - should I just keep playing it on Steam until I'm finished - then can I go to the EPIC key/GOTY version and somehow skip to the end or wherever I need to to play the extra Campaign map and also try the Multiplayer maps?

Can you use some kind of cheat to skip to any level you want or copy someone else's save game or something (btw do they have sites just for this)?

And if I can do something like that - can you please tell me how to do it?

I assume if the latter won't work - maybe I'll have to install the Steam version and somehow copy the save game from the harddrive (after steam saves something to it?) then place that in the EPIC installation?

Would I have to play till the next save point?

Will that work?

BTW do Epic have cloud saves?

Thank you for your help

I'm not sure about cheats like that. If it were me, and I cared about the GOTY extras, I'd probably just restart the game from the beginning on the Epic version. It's really not that long of a game. I usually take a lot longer than most people to play a game, and I beat the whole thing in 21 hours.

I usually take a lot longer than most people to play a game, and I beat the whole thing in 21 hours

• Main Story
    11½ Hours
  • Main + Extras
    15½ Hours
  • Completionist
    20½ Hours
  • All Styles
    14½ Hours

• Main Story
    11½ Hours
  • Main + Extras
    15½ Hours
  • Completionist
    20½ Hours
  • All Styles
    14½ Hours
Haha. Like I said, I take a lot longer than most. I just did the main story plus most extras. I sure didn't 100% it.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Zloth speed: 26 hours. ;)

First, you should see if you've got any saves at all. I always go through my old computer and pull out the old saves to bring them along to my new PC, so I'm not sure whether this one saves to the cloud or not.

@WoodenSaucer
@Brian Boru
@Zloth

Hey Guys

Yeah I'd still love some answers to my questions above as I really don't want to start again as I've just checked my Steam account and I've already sunk 44 hours into it (I like to explore!).... so that's not what I'm asking about ok.

And I can't easily get my old saves at the moment as that PC is out of action.

So any ideas on what I'm tying to find out?

cheers

@WoodenSaucer
@Brian Boru
@Zloth

Hey Guys

Yeah I'd still love some answers to my questions above as I really don't want to start again as I've just checked my Steam account and I've already sunk 44 hours into it (I like to explore!).... so that's not what I'm asking about ok.

And I can't easily get my old saves at the moment as that PC is out of action.

So any ideas on what I'm tying to find out?

cheers
The only thing to do is reinstall the game on your new PC (assuming it's not already installed), and check to see if it has your cloud saves. Maybe someone who hasn't been on here yet has your answers, but if not, you're just going to have to use trial and error. If it doesn't have your cloud saves, you're probably just out of luck.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS