Thoughts on this build?

Oct 24, 2022
Visit site
After 7 long years i finally get to build a brand new pc :) This will mostly be used for gaming/work(Designer) on a 27 inch 1440p monitor. I understand its overkill but I've always wanted to build something a bit overkill and i can finally do so. Just need some advice on the parts i have got and what is good/not good. Budget is around 3 .3.5k but its ok to go higher. Going for a white build to match the room
This is my part list

The only questions i have is :

PC Case: - I have always liked the look of the nzxt h7 elitte but not sure how good thermals will be with the new cpu /gpu + if there is enough space This is why i decided to go with the Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo heard good things about it

CPU Cooler: (Again not to sure what is the best here but because im going for a white build i assume the "Corsair iCUE H150i " should be enough? but I have also heard the Kraken X73 is a decent one to use is well and it comes in white :)

PSU: (The biggest issue i have right now, most people are telling me to wait for the atx 3.0 so i can get the new power cable that comes with it to make the build look cleaner but i dont really understand the difference if there is any + if its worth the extra cost

Thanks for the help and again any help would be great

If you have 3-5k for a budget then go big why not lol. Good luck on getting a 4080 at MSRP, you might need to budget in the extra money itll cost you if you dont either A. get it online from a reputable retailer when it first releases or B.. From a micro center or some other brick and mortar place like that.

Ok, so the PC case you picked out will definitely not fit a 40 series gpu with all the fans and liquid cooler youre looking to put into it. You will easily need a full tower. I also dont know if you need all those fans unless the picture showing 3 fans is just a filler picture and you are buying invdividual ones. Your psu is fine. Its up to you if you want to wait (considering the mobo and gpu arent out yet) but you dont need to at all, esp. for that reason.

Oct 24, 2022
Visit site
If you have 3-5k for a budget then go big why not lol. Good luck on getting a 4080 at MSRP, you might need to budget in the extra money itll cost you if you dont either A. get it online from a reputable retailer when it first releases or B.. From a micro center or some other brick and mortar place like that.

Ok, so the PC case you picked out will definitely not fit a 40 series gpu with all the fans and liquid cooler youre looking to put into it. You will easily need a full tower. I also dont know if you need all those fans unless the picture showing 3 fans is just a filler picture and you are buying invdividual ones. Your psu is fine. Its up to you if you want to wait (considering the mobo and gpu arent out yet) but you dont need to at all, esp. for that reason.

Getting a 4080 here in Sweden will not be that hard at launch. Budget wise it will fit in no problem / even if it goes over that's not a big problem. Regarding the case i checked and seen builds with the new 4090 + the cooler being able to fit in there so thats not a problem is well.

Regarding the mobo i think i might wait - don't think its to long till its out :)

Getting a 4080 here in Sweden will not be that hard at launch. Budget wise it will fit in no problem / even if it goes over that's not a big problem. Regarding the case i checked and seen builds with the new 4090 + the cooler being able to fit in there so thats not a problem is well.

Regarding the mobo i think i might wait - don't think its to long till its out :)
I'm pretty sure you chose those SSD's due to their color. The SSD's are entirely covered by the M.2 heatsinks that come with the motherboard.

This case doesn't require extra case fans.

Lian Li Lancool III A-RGB White 2 036,00 kr

Less expensive motherboard.

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5-5200 32GB (2x16GB) CL40 2,290.00 kr

Windows SSD

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD 828,00 kr

Storage SSD

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD 2 349,00 kr

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284
Corsair 600W PCIe 5.0 12VHPWR Type-4 PSU Power Cable €21.90

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zE9Rg6wGvA

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you chose those SSD's due to their color. The SSD's are entirely covered by the M.2 heatsinks that come with the motherboard.

This case doesn't require extra case fans.

Lian Li Lancool III A-RGB White 2 036,00 kr

Less expensive motherboard.

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5-5200 32GB (2x16GB) CL40 2,290.00 kr

Windows SSD

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD 828,00 kr

Storage SSD

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD 2 349,00 kr

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284
600W PCIe 5.0 12VHPWR Type-4 PSU Power Cable €21.90

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zE9Rg6wGvA

thanks for this - about the motherboard is there a diffrence beetween the z790-a and TRIX Z790-A GAMING?

Oct 24, 2022
Visit site
1 more question from me a freind told me that i should just invest a little more and get the Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 rather then 3.0 is this a good idea?

Oct 24, 2022
Visit site
Last question sorry :) my friend was telling me about the "Asus PRIME Z690-A" board and that it would save on cost and basically does the same thing - any thoughts on this?

Getting a 4080 here in Sweden will not be that hard at launch.

Sweden? Abundant GPUs at launch? Luckyyyyyy lol

Regarding the case i checked and seen builds with the new 4090 + the cooler being able to fit in there so thats not a problem is well.

Im talking about the power supply connecting to it and sticking out past what the case is width-wise. Ive seen builds where this is a problem but not sure what cases were used. The 4080 is probably going to be a bit smaller than the 4090 though so youll have to show use with it all plugged in when you get it up and running.

Also, a mid-size is smaller than a full tower, if you are going to be using a 40 series card, water cooling etc. you might want the extra space that comes with one for air circulation/cooling. If you are building such a PC for work and extreme gaming (overclocking) the more space the better.

And on a personal note. If youre spending budget is 3-5k, dont cut corners on the most essential parts of your build to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 24, 2022
Visit site
Sweden? Abundant GPUs at launch? Luckyyyyyy lol

Im talking about the power supply connecting to it and sticking out past what the case is width-wise. Ive seen builds where this is a problem but not sure what cases were used. The 4080 is probably going to be a bit smaller than the 4090 though so youll have to show use with it all plugged in when you get it up and running.

Also, a mid-size is smaller than a full tower, if you are going to be using a 40 series card, water cooling etc. you might want the extra space that comes with one for air circulation/cooling. If you are building such a PC for work and extreme gaming (overclocking) the more space the better.

And on a personal note. If youre spending budget is 3-5k, dont cut corners on the most essential parts of your build to save a few bucks.

ah i understand now about the PSU - i will need to have a look into it because i didn't think about that- any suggestions on a case that you think is good? white one would be perfect

TRENDING THREADS