Question Thinking about upgrading, any recommendations?

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
I’ve been thinking about upgrading my cpu for a little bit now but not entirely sure what to get with everything out there. I just got an RTX 2070 card and currently have an i7-8086k.

Right off the bat I can tell you I'm fairly sure going from an 8th gen to a ninth or tenth will require a socket 1151(300) board instead of the 1151 I can only assume your currently using. Changing the MOBO would give you more wiggle room for processor upgrades in the future.

Reactions: itsQuentin
I mean thats not a bad cpu to have to replace right away, so you can probably wait until intels next cpu comes out before upgrading that, if you still want to go intel, they are releasing something new this year, amd's newest cpu's are hard to come by so you'd have to stay vigilante in finding one.

Reactions: itsQuentin
Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
I mean thats not a bad cpu to have to replace right away, so you can probably wait until intels next cpu comes out before upgrading that, if you still want to go intel, they are releasing something new this year, amd's newest cpu's are hard to come by so you'd have to stay vigilante in finding one.
I was looking at an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x for $368. Is that a worthwhile upgrade from where I’m currently at for that price? Also I understand I would have to get a new MOBO which isn’t a problem, I was looking at an ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570 for $185. Thoughts? Also there’s an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X for $450, would that be a better option for the extra $90?

TRENDING THREADS