Question Test a new setup ?

Normally there should not be any problems with a newly bought PC. If you boot it up and run games fine, then most likely everything is working as intended. To do a more in-depth check, I would recommend this:
  • Press Win + R and type perfmon, then click OK
  • Expand Data Collector Sets. Then Expand System folder
  • Right-click on System Diagnostics and press Start
  • Wait a minute
  • Expand the reports folder, then System folder
  • Under System Diagnostics you click on either the first or second DEKSTOP option to check for any warnings. If you get a warning, you will also get a possible solution for it.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Running some basic performance tests such as Cinebench and comparing your scores with what's expected for a system with your specs is another way to make sure everything is configured and working as expected.

Reactions: Kekn
Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Normally there should not be any problems with a newly bought PC. If you boot it up and run games fine, then most likely everything is working as intended. To do a more in-depth check, I would recommend this:
  • Press Win + R and type perfmon, then click OK
  • Expand Data Collector Sets. Then Expand System folder
  • Right-click on System Diagnostics and press Start
  • Wait a minute
  • Expand the reports folder, then System folder
  • Under System Diagnostics you click on either the first or second DEKSTOP option to check for any warnings. If you get a warning, you will also get a possible solution for it.
thx frindis 🤝

Reactions: Frindis
Good suggestions above :)

Uniengine Superposition is a good free test of graphics performance along with Heaven. Run them and check your score against others with the same GPU at the same settings(Google). This will tell you if its performing around where it should, as the score is affected little by the other components.

HWINFO is excellent monitoring software that displays temperatures and hardware settings. Like HWmonitor but more in depth.

My advice, watch your temperatures. Keeping things cool helps out in many ways.

Reactions: Zoid
I use 3DMark and Heaven benchmark to check that everything is ok. Compare results to similiar setups. I stresstest with AIDA to check temperatures. I use HWInfo to monitor temps under those tests.

Also, since this is a store bought PC, always make sure to check in the BIOS that the RAM is set to run at the speed you paid for. Toggle XMP for RAM if needed. Otherwise your RAM will run at 2133Mhz.

The go-tos for me are futuremark's Firestrike and Timespy benchmarks.

And when gaming, use something like MSI Afterburner to keep an eye on temps, or HWinfo / Realtemp with logging if you're not too bothered about the on-screen overlay.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS