SWAT type games

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Hey all. Is anyone aware of any current games out there that are in the vein of/spiritual sequels to SWAT3 and SWAT4? Primarily single player? I'd love for a SWAT5 but that won't happen.

Reactions: Frindis
Your best bet would be the Rainbow six series 1, 2 and 3 (raven shield). there's also spec ops, but for those for more lighter tactical shooters there is rainbow six vegas. Although the amount of strategic chest high walls just ruins the tension as you know there are terrorists coming. but i enjoyed it all the same.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Did you try Operation Flashpoint and ARMA series? These are not exactly the same as SWAT or first three Rainbow Six games, but you might like them. They feature "one shot and your dead" thing and are considered tactical not shooter games.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Besides the games already suggested, I can't really think of similar titles. However, there is a title that you may be interested in called Ready or Not that is currently being developed. I think it may be the closest to a SWAT 5 we'll be getting.

The Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series were my favorites until they were gutted and replaced by their current incarnations which is the biggest gaming tragedy of the last decade in my book. Sadly I have not found a good substitute in the first person shooter category and have lost most interest in first person shooters altogether.

Though not an FPS one girl I know said the top down tactical game Door Kickers has satisfied that "command of a SWAT team" itch, but frankly I am not top down tactical strategy type guy.

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
It's worth mentioning SWAT 2, which is isometric and real-time, maybe not as immersive as an FPS but it definitely has some layers of strategy to it. Also one of the few (only?) SWAT games that features the ability to play as the perps. If nothing else it could be a good dose of nostalgia.

Reactions: Sarafan
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
It might only be slightly similar, but because games like that are so scarce, I'm gonna go ahead and mention it anyways. I really enjoyed my time with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. It's a good game.

TRENDING THREADS