Question Suggestions on upgrading gpu

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm a casual gamer and thinking to upgrade my Gpu..
My current build is

i7-2600K
12gb Ram
Nvidia GT 520

and i game at 1080p display..

So, can someone suggest me best gpu paired with i7-2600k so it doesn't bottleneck because modern gpus might bottleneck my cpu..

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
I don't know what i can tell you about the case, its a regular desktop case..
The power supply model is iBall JSW-252 and it's 220V.(Maybe i should upgrade that power supply too)..

It sounds like you have an HP or other OEM pre-built system? That could be quite limiting as to what we can do due to the size of graphics card that can physically fit in there.

Your PSU wont allow much room for upgrading, a quick search seems to suggest its a low quality 250watt unit that's maybe 10 years old. I think its ATX sized though, which means we should be able to replace it easily, and potentially pair it with a newer low profile GPU without spending the earth.

Could you post some pictures of your system with the side off so we can have an idea what we are working with? You'd need to upload pictures to a hosting service like Imgur and link them here

Its would also be good to know what kind of games would you want to play specifically, what's your maximum budget for upgrades, and what country you are in?

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
View: https://imgur.com/a/7QZJ7Xn

Avoid the bad cable management...

I play fps games like csgo, valorant, rainbow six siege, and also other genre like rpgs.. dota 2 etc..
I get very low fps at csgo like 35-40 while at valorant its 60fps and siege i haven't checked...
While playing siege i realized the graphics is not good enough at the lowest and i'm unable to really enjoy the game..

I haven't decided the budget really, i want to know what's the best suitable option.. and then i'll go for something lower than that if its over-budget.. and I'm from India.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB GAMING Twin Fan Video Card (₹15195.00 @ Theitdepot.com)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (₹6500.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹21695.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-15 21:18 IST+0530

Looks like you have plenty of space in that case, but give it a clean out when you upgrade ;)

Something like this would be a massive upgrade. The PSU is a decent unit although an older design. There are cheaper available but I go by the rule that if I can't find a review of the specific model I'm looking at then that's for a good reason, and power is important.

GPU prices are through the roof at the moment and I have no concept of how much a Rupee is vs a Euro but if thats a bit rich for you then you'd be looking at potentially a 1050Ti for a bit less, which would still be a huge upgrade and play all the games you mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS