Suggestion on new category.

Do you have something different or extra in mind, beyond the kind of posts @Pifanjr mentions?
I can only use myself as an example, but I do play a lot of games that don't get a lot of attention, indie games, some AA games that seem to go by unnoticed, atleast in chatter.

I was thinking that with a category like this, we could post our own reviews of games, and maybe if they are of good quality, they could even be posted on the main page.

I can only use myself as an example, but I do play a lot of games that don't get a lot of attention, indie games, some AA games that seem to go by unnoticed, atleast in chatter.

I was thinking that with a category like this, we could post our own reviews of games, and maybe if they are of good quality, they could even be posted on the main page.

I sometimes post a mini review in the 'last game you completed' thread when I finish with a game. Someone did try to start a dedicated user game review thread at some point but it didn't take off.

Obviously you're welcome to try again with another thread, it might get traction if people keep posting new stuff there periodically. I'd be very happy to read and talk about indie games that might not have gotten much coverage otherwise for sure.

If youre talking about a whole new sub forum, that would be something admin would have to answer. I imagine that it would have to have enough buzz around it in the forum for that to happen first.

Someone did try to start a dedicated user game review thread at some point but it didn't take off
Yeah, I remember that, probably this thread. @Zloth frightened us all off!

mini review in the 'last game you completed' thread
Yeah. In the unlikely event I couldn't find useful reviews in Steam, GOG, Reddit or elsewhere, our 'Completed' thread is where I'd look on PCG.

new sub forum
@Slasken A separate forum is unlikely to go thru imo. PCG already has buckets of 'official' reviews, with a Comments section for each, so I doubt there'll be a swell of support for another spot in the forums.

they could even be posted on the main page
Assume you mean PCG's home page? Very unlikely that'd happen, for a few reasons:
Formatting & delivery;
Grumbles from pro writers, for whom exposure affects career;
Grumbles from us—"You posted Slasken's, why not mine?";
Possible usage rights complications—it's probably different when you pay for content v when it's free;
Etc.

I don't think admin are completely against new areas, its just a matter of demand.

They don't post reviews on the forums so why can't users write their own? Its not like its competition.

Note: 1st review of Fortnite will likely be deleted. We want reviews of games that don't have an army of people who will promote it for free.

TRENDING THREADS