YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
so here are the rules
- no race games
- no MOBA games (Dota kinda games)
- no limit for the price
- you can suggest more than one game
- if you can give me your short opinion (cuz i don't wanna waste ur time) on the game u suggested

Zloth

Community Contributor
Errr, that still leaves well over 40 genres, going by Steam's list. What you're asking for is exactly what the PC Gamer top 100 is, though: https://www.pcgamer.com/top-100-pc-games-2021/

Or you can look here:

There's a bunch I can throw in, but the field is so open that it's hard to even start. You've basically walked into a grocery store and said "Give me some food! But not fruits."

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Errr, that still leaves well over 40 genres, going by Steam's list. What you're asking for is exactly what the PC Gamer top 100 is, though: https://www.pcgamer.com/top-100-pc-games-2021/

Or you can look here:

There's a bunch I can throw in, but the field is so open that it's hard to even start. You've basically walked into a grocery store and said "Give me some food! But not fruits."
that makes sense xD

Reactions: Zloth
You forgot to mention whether you're interested in MP or just SP play. Anyway, these are all for SP, I don't know if they'll be on the summer sale, but I've played them all and they are very good. These aren't exactly "short" opinions, but at 64, I'm retired, and can pretty much spend my time as I see fit.

Days Gone

The best and most unique zombie (actually they're not really "undead" zombies) survival horror game I've played. It has a very good story, great characters, and good voice acting. The graphics are very good too, and it also has realistic weather effects. It can give you chills riding the bike at night through dense fog in the forest as moonlight flickers through the trees and you hear the shrill screams of the Freaks. They are more active and powerful at night, and can leap at you and knock you off your bike if you ride too close to them. There are also random encounters with Black Bears, Infected Grizzly Bears, Wolves, and Infected Wolves, the latter of which can keep pace with your bike. You can also hunt Deer and non infected predators and sell them to camps. You get credits at camps for doing missions for them and trading Bounties on Infected and carcasses for food, as well as trust points to unlock better weapons and supplies. The "Freaks" come in various forms. The most common is Swarmers, then Bleachers (slightly bigger and more powerful). There are also Newts, which are infected kids that crawl and can leap at you from like 10 feet away. The most deadly and hard to kill Freaks are Breakers and Reachers. Breakers are big and fairly fast. If they catch up to you, they will smash you to death. Reachers are very fast, quick at dodging, and take a lot of firepower to kill.

There are also human factions other than Freakers you must battle, and they have various Ambush Camps with bunkers that have Weapon/Ammo lockers you can unlock after clearing their camps. The Marauders are violent drifter gangs that get supplies by any means, usually ambushing people. There are places where they'll stretch a cable across the road to stop your bike, and other places where they'll have a sniper set up high, while a few on ground rush you. They will also hide crouched behind cover at popular stopping points like gas stations. Rippers are the Rest In Peace antagonist cult. They worship Freakers and cut themselves, and cut and burn their victims as they try to recruit them to their cause. The Anarchists are another antagonist faction whom get as many resources as they can and play by no one's rules. They were driven out at one point, then the Rippers took over, but they returned. NERO (National Emergency Response Organization) is an agency of the US government whom respond to disasters and other emergencies. There are many NERO stations you can unlock, which have weapon/ammo lockers, and a syringe crate that can buff your Stamina, Health, or Focus, the latter of which helps you aim with slow mo. NERO also made many mass graves where they buried infected corpses, but the Freakers use them as a source of food. NERO was widely criticized for not handling the outbreak well. They travel in helicopters and there are missions you do where you have to get in close and listen in on what they are doing. You cannot knock out or kill NERO personnel, you must stay concealed and sneak around them. Lastly, the Deschutes County Militia is a strong militia faction headed by former military personnel whom have recruited civilians. They are headed by a former colonel whom is overtly Christian and self righteous, often using bible references to justify his hack and slash scorch the earth tactics, and hang them if they commit any crime mantra.

God of War 2018

This is easily the best God of War game ever made. The story, characters and voice acting are also top notch. The graphics are very impressive, with nice effects. This is a game that follows Norse Mythology, and has 9 realms, but only a few of them can actually be traveled to. Midgard is the central and biggest realm, where most of the time is spent. The creatures you encounter in this game are varied quite nicely, and the battles with the bigger ones are quite epic. There are also some factions that are very hard to battle, like the Dark Elves, whom have leaders that are invincible until you take out their ground troops. They can hover and send a cluster of 3 mines at you, which make the screen go very dark if you get near one. One of the coolest things about the game is the puzzles you must solve to access many areas, which often involve freezing something with your Battle Axe. The Battle Axe is a very versatile weapon that can be thrown and retrieved. The Chaos Blades, which you get later, are very devastating. They are fiery blades attached by a chain that allow you to swing them around, or throw and retrieve. In this game you also have a son, Atreus, whom fights by your side with a bow. Once you get all his skills, he becomes quite useful. He can also be used to help you get through certain puzzles. Some of the toughest battles are actually against Valkyries, whom are normally protectors, but have become corrupted. The Valkyrie Queen is especially difficult to fight. You must block and dodge to get through tougher fights, especially Valkyries. There are many types of attacks and combos you can use though, including some pretty good shield attacks.

Halo Infinite

I've played every Halo campaign available on PC, but this is easily the best in my opinion. It takes place on a ring that gives you quite a large game world, and many types of terrain to explore. It is very rugged in places, so there are times you have to get out of your vehicle and go afoot. This is amply facilitated with the new Grappleshot though, and grappling the terrain gets interesting as far as figuring out what you can and can't do to cross chasms, and also very fun. But fear not, there's also a flying one man vehicle called the Wasp if you prefer that. There's a TON of things to do in this game, yet you can also just do main missions if you prefer. There are High Value Targets to find and kill, which unlock Banished enhanced weapons. The Banished are the main villains in the game, who are a group of Brutes exiled for their crimes. Brute Chieftains are some of the toughest enemies, due to their heavy armor, ability to move pretty fast and leap great distances, and their powerful Gravity Hammer, which has a pretty large area of effect. The play any way you want aspect is one of the best things about the game. I played on Normal and Heroic doing all the side activities and getting all the upgrades. A fully upgraded Grappleshot adds a shock effect to the grapple, and a very powerful shock punch once it reels you to the enemy. On legendary however I opted to play with no upgrades, and use the base level grapple only. At base level the grapple takes a little while to cool down after each use. This means you cannot continuously grapple climb, or use it to evade enemies whenever you want. This heavily limits where you can go, and how boldly you can fight. Not having the Threat Sensor to use also means having to get clever at dealing with cloaked enemies. I found the toughest ones to deal with typically are on highly reflective floors, in rooms with fog, or come through doorways when they appear. So I got used to looking for their faint reflections in the floor, standing where the light hits the fog just right to see the edge of their silhouette momentarily, and spamming grenades at doorways as soon as they opened in spots where these enemies appear. I loved playing this game so much I made a video walkthrough of it on Legendary with No Upgrades and Grapple Only.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHB6vX_n-5BN-ZomK0MyuBCHDRGFxjXmm

All three of these games are very fun in their own way, each one a must play.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: YXP and Brian Boru
Red Dead Redemption 2. I never finished it on the PS4 Pro, although I believe I came close. If I am playing it again, I am starting over, and I will play it on PC, even though I still have the savegame. And since I've already paid for it once, I don't want to pay full price on another version of the same game.

Maybe: Project Hospital, I have this on GOG, and I really like it. Unfortunately, there's no Workshop equivalent on GOG. Again, not paying full price for a game I already have, but at the right discount, I would pick it up along with the DLCs. It's a good game.

Looking at my Steam Wishlist, I really don't have a lot of expensive games. Most of the games are indie titles, and don't cost much to begin with. A lot of the games are still in early access. I put them on the wishlist to keep track of them.

• Love
Reactions: YXP and Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS